Question about Mcdermott warranty

stouter2386

how about the 5 out ?
Silver Member
So i bought a new dubliner about a month ago that came with the G core shaft and on tuesday i noticed a hairline crack about 2-3 inches from the joint. While im sure i probably wont have a problem with them honoring the replacement shaft im just wondering how long this will take. I took the cue back to the authorized dealer i bought it from and they shipped it out to Mcdermott and said they should have it on thrusday. Guess im just getting antsy because i havent heard anything from them or the dealer yet.

demon627

Most know me as Branson
Silver Member
From an experience i had a few years ago, i bought a mcdermott cue, i think it was the m54b, the one with the lizard on it...anyway, i got it out of the box it shipped in because i ordered it online and immediately heard and felt something loose in the cue. I pulled off the buttcap and wood dust and the weight bolt fell out. I tried to thread it back in, but it was stripped and wouldnt go back in. I contacted mcdermott 2 minutes after i signed for the package, and it took A LOT of persuasion for them to take it back. They were trying to assure me that wasnt their fault that it had to be player error due to over tightening the weight bolt. Maybe it was fluke, but it was a stupid thing to have to deal with. After i put the cue back in the mail, it took about 2 weeks to receive my replacement. Turned me off McD's and havent bought one since.

stouter2386

how about the 5 out ?
Silver Member
I'm surprised they gave you a hard time, haven't heard too many bad things about their return policy but two weeks doesnt sound too bad i just hope that i can have it back before the new year (fingers crossed on that one) but i doubt it because they're probably shutting down for the holidays.

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
I have never had any problem whatsoever with the McDermott warranty. Being in south Texas, it takes a week to get to Wisconsin, maybe a week in the factory, then a week back. Usually less than 30 days. This being the holiday season, it will probably take longer. From Michigan I would imagine much quicker shipping times.

stouter2386

how about the 5 out ?
Silver Member
I have never had any problem whatsoever with the McDermott warranty. Being in south Texas, it takes a week to get to Wisconsin, maybe a week in the factory, then a week back. Usually less than 30 days. This being the holiday season, it will probably take longer. From Michigan I would imagine much quicker shipping times.

ya hopefully its just a look its cracked send this guy a new one thing and its here before Christmas or the new year. The shop that sent it out said they should already have it

stouter2386

how about the 5 out ?
Silver Member
I just talked to the dealer who said that they havent heard anything yet but the cue is there. So it looks like i wont be getting it back until the new year or later.......

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
Patience Kermosabe.... I know it's tough to wait but in the long run, you'll be happy. McDermott is just a classy company, IMHO. They stand behind their product and that's reassuring to me. They get a lot of negative vibes/comments etc because they are a production company but I think they're awesome and my opinion means nothing.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
So i bought a new dubliner about a month ago that came with the G core shaft and on tuesday i noticed a hairline crack about 2-3 inches from the joint. While im sure i probably wont have a problem with them honoring the replacement shaft im just wondering how long this will take. I took the cue back to the authorized dealer i bought it from and they shipped it out to Mcdermott and said they should have it on thrusday. Guess im just getting antsy because i havent heard anything from them or the dealer yet.

You might just get a more accurate response from McDermott if you call them directly. Of course this is the week before Christmas and likely many of their employees are off on holiday or vacation. I'd say you won't see your cue back till sometime in 2014.

Perhaps you're just over reacting a bit. Have something to drink and try to relax. It's Christmas :)

stouter2386

how about the 5 out ?
Silver Member
well i just spoke with the store who sent my shaft back to Mcdermott and Mcdermott says that they cant find anything wrong with the shaft but theres a visible hairline crack near the joint. I just called Jayme and got his answering service. Im not really sure what direction this is going in but i hope they honor their warranty.

McDermottCue

Registered
After speaking with you today, we will be replacing the shaft for you under warranty. Allow 1-2 weeks for servicing.

Jayme Cernicka
McDermott Cue

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
After speaking with you today, we will be replacing the shaft for you under warranty. Allow 1-2 weeks for servicing.

Jayme Cernicka
McDermott Cue

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here.

May I ask a question? I purchased a McDermott g series cue a few years ago, new, from a Mueller rep that plays in my room. I didn't get a receipt...

Am I covered under the lifetime warranty against warpage?

I haven't had the opportunity to be without my cue for a couple weeks (leagues never stop, heh heh, and I don't own another cue) so I haven't called to ask, but as I saw you here answering a question, I thought I might take the opportunity.

Thanks.
Bruce

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member

May I ask a question? I purchased a McDermott g series cue a few years ago, new, from a Mueller rep that plays in my room. I didn't get a receipt...

I haven't had the opportunity to be without my cue for a couple weeks (leagues never stop, heh heh, and I don't own another cue) so I haven't called to ask, but as I saw you here answering a question, I thought I might take the opportunity.

Thanks.
Bruce

When I bought my McD, I registered the cue upon bringing it home. Hopefully, you registered your cue? I think you have to do that in order for the warranty to be valid? I may be wrong?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Cernicka...Thank you very much for taking the time to register and post here on AzBilliards, representing McDermott Cues. May I ask you a question? In the past McDermott has sponsored pool players, pool events and pool tours. Would McDermott consider sponsoring, or even funding, a local collegiate billiards program, similar to what Mark Wilson is doing in MO? :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

QUOTE=McDermottCue;4526327]After speaking with you today, we will be replacing the shaft for you under warranty. Allow 1-2 weeks for servicing.

Jayme Cernicka
McDermott Cue[/QUOTE]

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member

Thanks.
Bruce

You should be covered. Just go to the website and register the cue.