Free Brunswick Table - Could This Be A Derelict Anniversary?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Weight?....really?

I dont have a scale that could weight them, but, I bet at least 20-30% more. the shape of the rails is obviously different than the GC
More volume, less vibration right? The Walnut and Rosewood 1/4" veneer are much more dense than poplar. Just my $0.02

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I dont have a scale that could weight them, but, I bet at least 20-30% more. the shape of the rails is obviously different than the GC
More volume, less vibration right? The Walnut and Rosewood 1/4" veneer are much more dense than poplar. Just my $0.02

Trent from Toledo

And the weakest rail bolt down system...LOL

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
And the weakest rail bolt down system...LOL

I have found many that the figure 8 nut plates screws are not stripped out and in excellent condition. In my opinion, no need to replace unless the screws are not holding the plates correctly. I do like the stafast inserts of course, but, only out of need, not to just do it. I want to preserve the tables original construction. Yes, refinishing the table changes it, it changes it into a sell-able show piece! Very few out there in original condition, people buying them want it to BLING :)

Trent from Toledo

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
game is over

The Craigslist post has been deleted..

Attachments

• 20190317_201607.jpg
    20190317_201607.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've restored my share & RKC is correct, FREE went out the window when you agreed to go it... That was your 10 cent down payment...

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
just the cue sticks were worth a few thousand bucks alone. when you see something like that you have to jump on it and get it right away. 5000 bucks easy and more for that package of stuff even if you never fixed the table.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have found many that the figure 8 nut plates screws are not stripped out and in excellent condition. In my opinion, no need to replace unless the screws are not holding the plates correctly. I do like the stafast inserts of course, but, only out of need, not to just do it. I want to preserve the tables original construction. Yes, refinishing the table changes it, it changes it into a sell-able show piece! Very few out there in original condition, people buying them want it to BLING :)

Trent from Toledo

Now see there, once again that's were we differ again. I replace the fig 8 nut plate, as well as the older 2 screw bolt anchors because I KNOW there's a better, more secure way of bolting the rails to the slate, so, to me, why stop short with just refinishing a table and calling it done. Improvements that make the table better overall are NOT an option in my book, its ALL or nothing!!

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they're stapled out pretty bad, sub rail replacement is the only real repair. And to answer your question, I've been off the road since 2014 when my son was killed, but thinking about heading back out again, but haven't fully decided yet.

Glen, I'm so sorry to hear about your son.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Now see there, once again that's were we differ again. I replace the fig 8 nut plate, as well as the older 2 screw bolt anchors because I KNOW there's a better, more secure way of bolting the rails to the slate, so, to me, why stop short with just refinishing a table and calling it done. Improvements that make the table better overall are NOT an option in my book, its ALL or nothing!!

If the plates are working correctly, I see no need to replace them. You don't look at these old tables as a piece of history, I do. I only replace things that do not work, roached rails, loose plates with stripped screws and broken stuff. I always use original replacement parts. We don't have to agree :) People love what you do and same for me, my clients are happy and that is what its about: Making the people who pay us happy with their product. I inform all my clients with all the knowledge base I have built up, shit, you have helped me more than any one person in this business. I respect your credibility and all I ask is you do the same for me. I am by no means out there ripping people off, I give them exactly what they are paying for :)

Trent from Toledo

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my .02 cents worth in regards to the figure 8s. They would of worked a lot better had they gone into a better hardwood, something much harder and stronger like oak, hickory, or ash. The figure 8s on my Anniversary aren't technically stripped out, but they don't grab like they once did because I can see an imprint of the figure 8s on the Simonis when the rails are removed. Definitely on the list of things to correct during the cal of the rails.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just my .02 cents worth in regards to the figure 8s. They would of worked a lot better had they gone into a better hardwood, something much harder and stronger like oak, hickory, or ash. The figure 8s on my Anniversary aren't technically stripped out, but they don't grab like they once did because I can see an imprint of the figure 8s on the Simonis when the rails are removed. Definitely on the list of things to correct during the cal of the rails.

Yup, those are failing! I have to be honest with myself about what should be replaced and what can stay original. It comes down to integrity. I love what I do. I learn new stuff all the time. Always trying to better myself :)

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
..um, not sure, seen something about unestablished fargo players mess'n things up.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is a "roached rail?"

Wasted... no good. So many staple holes from prior recoveries or hack jobs that they have to undergo major work or replacement to be recovered correctly. Cushion glue surfaces may be shit too.

Runnintable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table

So did anyone grab this?

Author deleted the craigslist post and/or got wise to what they had.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I guess the OP didn't grab that table?

That was a killer.. just the cost of rental truck and gas.. shame.

He who hesitates is lost... indeed :rolleyes:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So I guess the OP didn't grab that table?

That was a killer.. just the cost of rental truck and gas.. shame.

He who hesitates is lost... indeed :rolleyes:

That's the whole cost of the table? No, that's the beginning cost, plus 2-3k