Jimmy Rempe by Meucci rings

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ryan Treewen at Meullers has all those rings.

I don't know if he will just send the rings, but I have had him do some Meucci work and he had all the ringwork so it was a perfect match.

Frankly, I would just have him make the shafts.

Ken

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't remember on that one but some of those cues originally had lighter color ring material that ambered with age much like the old micarta use to do. A finish that ambers with age can have a similar effect. One of the reasons that laquers don't make for a good finish. They can amber rapidly, compared to others that may take longer. I've re used the old ringsets from warped or broken shafts before , but that's only useful when the original joint is in good condion, and not cracked. Also only good for 1 shaft. I have a old muecci original that belonged to my father. It needs alot more love then that remp. The setiment is probably the only reason I would want to rebuild It, but besides some ring billet I also need to match the veneers and build a new forearm, so It would get a re finish anyhow.

Last edited:

ldmitchell

Registered
ring material

I have some tube that looks similar, although it is difficult to compare the actual colors with pictures. I am trying to match a joint material on the Huebler cue in the picture. I have a material that looked identical, but turned down, it is too white.
I'm willing to sell or trade.
Len Mitchell

Attachments

• P9160362.jpg
    P9160362.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 520
  • P9160365.jpg
    P9160365.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 485