C.L Bailey's Black Night pool table

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Silver Member
Good afternoon all.

As I am moving into a new home soon, and of course, purchasing my first pool table.:thumbup: I would like to get some insight on the construction techniques used by different companies.

I will be purchasing a Black Night 9 footer, made by C.L. Bailey Co. and putting simonis 860 on it. This is mainly because I can't really afford a brand new GC IV or V.

If any of you have time, could you please take this quick tour of the construction of a C.L. Bailey Pool table, at this link here,
http://www.clbailey.com/factoryTour.cfm

Although a member had told me in another thread I created that he sold C.L. Bailey tables and they were ok for the consumer in home, I am curious how better built the Olhausen and Brunswick tables really are as the C.L. Bailey's do come with a lifetime warranty including the rubber rails.

Thanks for any insight or input you may have.

Cheers.

Paul

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Silver Member
If any pool mechanic reads this thread, I would sure like to know your thoughts
and/or opinion on this table.

Many thanks.

Paul

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty impressive operation. They use maple and oak hardwoods and that's good. I don't know what the price difference is between a Bailey and Diamond or Brunswick but probably quite a bit. When I lived in Tucson, I bought my son a 9 foot Connelly. They had factories in Tucson and Phoenix. Every month they ran a special on one of the models and there was a very significant difference in price between them and a Brunswick. Still playing strong after 10 years. Good luck with your table and I'm certain you and your family will get many hours of enjoyment playing on it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Good afternoon all.

As I am moving into a new home soon, and of course, purchasing my first pool table.:thumbup: I would like to get some insight on the construction techniques used by different companies.

I will be purchasing a Black Night 9 footer, made by C.L. Bailey Co. and putting simonis 860 on it. This is mainly because I can't really afford a brand new GC IV or V.

If any of you have time, could you please take this quick tour of the construction of a C.L. Bailey Pool table, at this link here,
http://www.clbailey.com/factoryTour.cfm

Although a member had told me in another thread I created that he sold C.L. Bailey tables and they were ok for the consumer in home, I am curious how better built the Olhausen and Brunswick tables really are as the C.L. Bailey's do come with a lifetime warranty including the rubber rails.

Thanks for any insight or input you may have.

Cheers.

Paul

First of all, don't let the lifetime warranty fool you, if the cushions go bad...and they do, you'll get them to send you a free new set of the same cushions, but you're going to have to PAY someone to put them on, as they won't do it for you. I turned over a Dave & Busters to SDBilliards in Orange, CA. to recover and fix up 13 C.L. Bailey tables, everyone of them had to have the cushions changed out, as everyone of them had rock hard cushions.

Slate? It's Brazilian slate, most all manufactures get their slate from the same open quarries as C.L. Bailey, so that's not setting them apart from any other manufacture.

Their tables are not bad, don't get me wrong, just letting you know what I know. I don't know what kind of price tag you're looking to pay for a table, but NEW, I'd guess they're in the range of a Diamond 9ft ProAm, which holds it's value more than ANY other built pool table today. If you were to pay $5,000 for a Bailey, in 2 months from now you'd be lucky to sell it for $2,500. If you bought a Diamond 9ft ProAm today, you'd be able to sell it for what you paid for it 10 years from now, or at least real close to it.

Brunswick Gold Crown 5's are way over priced, and that's no BS, and run an extra $1,000 if you want pro cut pockets, which costs Brunswick nothing to produce.

But, if you've made your mind up on your purchase, then stick to it and don't look back, but if you're not sure, then look around as it's not a cheap investment.

Glen

bankshot76

I got a skinny shaft!
Silver Member
CL Bailey Tables

A friend of mine sells C.L. Bailey and I'll be honest I wasn't sure about them when I first saw them, but after playing and looking over the construction they have an A+++ operation there and I would personally consider putting one of their tables in my house. Nice product, even nicer price...Good Luck with it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
First of all, don't let the lifetime warranty fool you, if the cushions go bad...and they do, you'll get them to send you a free new set of the same cushions, but you're going to have to PAY someone to put them on, as they won't do it for you. I turned over a Dave & Busters to SDBilliards in Orange, CA. to recover and fix up 13 C.L. Bailey tables, everyone of them had to have the cushions changed out, as everyone of them had rock hard cushions.

Slate? It's Brazilian slate, most all manufactures get their slate from the same open quarries as C.L. Bailey, so that's not setting them apart from any other manufacture.

Their tables are not bad, don't get me wrong, just letting you know what I know. I don't know what kind of price tag you're looking to pay for a table, but NEW, I'd guess they're in the range of a Diamond 9ft ProAm, which holds it's value more than ANY other built pool table today. If you were to pay $5,000 for a Bailey, in 2 months from now you'd be lucky to sell it for $2,500. If you bought a Diamond 9ft ProAm today, you'd be able to sell it for what you paid for it 10 years from now, or at least real close to it.

Brunswick Gold Crown 5's are way over priced, and that's no BS, and run an extra $1,000 if you want pro cut pockets, which costs Brunswick nothing to produce.

But, if you've made your mind up on your purchase, then stick to it and don't look back, but if you're not sure, then look around as it's not a cheap investment.

Glen

After a good nights sleep, I realized I screwed up over this post:eek: C.L. Bailey's are not the tables in Dave & Busters:D they are the A.E. Schmidt line of tables with the bad cushions:D Smelling to much glue lately or something is all I can think of:D

Glen

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Opinion

My brother has an 8' Fischer table that is made by C.L. Bailey in his rec room, and it plays fine. The only thing I would change is that my brother doesn't have 860 on it, other than that it is fine.

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
I have a freind that has bailey table its alright. It play better then imperial tables. When I bought out a pool hall full of Gandy's and a couple of Gold Crowns. He came down To see what I bought first thing he said was you can use all my trucks and trailers to move these tables if I sell him that GC2 for $1800 used. Now the Bailey sits in the corner and GC2 is in the center of the room all chromed out and perfect. Best deal I could have done with him. Now he just looks @ the bailey and see alll the cash he spent on it new plus having me rerubber and fine tune the table 2 months before I bought the poolhall.

Stick to your guns or buy what you want new is good but used is sometimes greater.

I did own a 7' baileypaid $200 traded it for a coin op table and flipped it for $1500.

Craig