poolhall cue weight

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usually 18-19-20oz are three most common weights. Should be on cue as stated above.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
18, 19, 20.

The sad thing about my poolroom is that they have cheap house cues that no longer have solid wood. they have some kind of cheap wood with a weight bolt and when you go to grab a 20 oz cue you find that the innards have fallen out and its more like 17 oz. :mad:

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
18-21 seems to be the range on modern cues
sometimes I find an older one that's lighter than 18
rarely heavier

also, the balance point will affect how heavy a cue feels
most house cues I've checked have more rear-weighted balance points
there is a 19 locally that I like, because the balance point is more forward

anyway, why not find out for sure
especially if you like it
bring a postal scale with you to the 'hall
calipers, a measuring tape
do it right..and get all the best looks:thumbup:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap House Cue

18, 19, 20.

The sad thing about my poolroom is that they have cheap house cues that no longer have solid wood. they have some kind of cheap wood with a weight bolt and when you go to grab a 20 oz cue you find that the innards have fallen out and its more like 17 oz. :mad:

I found one of those kind of cues once, it did weigh 17 ounces & the tip was about 12.5. The maple part was nice, so I kept it around.

It was a great cue to play with, so it's in my rack, here at home, for others to play with, when they come over. If it had a real wood back part, I might have made it a 2 piece Cue.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ofcourse every pool hall is different, but for the one I go to they're 17oz to 18oz and not more than 18 I ever saw, light cues, but you are right, they are really good if they got a nice tip.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most house cues I have come across are 18-21 oz range. As others have said their weight is usually stamped on them.