Granito stretch index

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
Do you have the dvds?

If so, they show how to figure out the stretch index. Call me otherwise. 702-927-5689

Saw one of your posts a while back. Said you stretched some to 3.5 in. I can figure it out. Probably be pretty close to what you did. Thanks

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ok. treat it like Simonis? I have the dvd's.

Perform the stretch index test. Clamp the cloth to one side.of the slate, stretch the other side as much as you can. Mark the stretch, let it back off then measure from the stretch mark to the edge of the slate, then back off 3/4" for your working stretch. If you can stretch it 2 1/2" then minus 3/4" and your install stretch is 1 3/4"

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Perform the stretch index test. Clamp the cloth to one side.of the slate, stretch the other side as much as you can. Mark the stretch, let it back off then measure from the stretch mark to the edge of the slate, then back off 3/4" for your working stretch. If you can stretch it 2 1/2" then minus 3/4" and your install stretch is 1 3/4"

Hey Glenn, these numbers you're talking about, are they working the width or the lenght of the table? The 3/4 number, is that like a bench mark, then +/- for the size, between the cushion nose I'm 42" x 102". For some reason I like this particular brand also, using the 2000 tournament stuff.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey Glenn, these numbers you're talking about, are they working the width or the lenght of the table? The 3/4 number, is that like a bench mark, then +/- for the size, between the cushion nose I'm 42" x 102". For some reason I like this particular brand also, using the 2000 tournament stuff.

The stretch index works for side to side installation using my method of installing the bed cloth. Subtracting the 3/4" from the maximum you can stretch the cloth side to side leaves you the working stretch of the cloth. If you exceed the working stretch you get the stretch shadows on the surface of the cloth on the stretch to side.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK, reading back what you said here I can see what you're saying, thanks.