BCM cues................

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Not sure what you are referring to? Facebook has clamped down on conspiracy theories, hatefull retoric and the likes for a while now and for good reason if you ask me.
Seeing that for a good portion of the population has facebook and other social media as their main provider of news, it's important that the news gets fact checked.

Facebook censors their content based on algorithms and mob rule not by checking facts. No one should be getting their news mainly from FB. This is why so many are so mis-informed. Filtered information is not news.
Bryan should not be deprived of his business just because he has opinions different from you (just an assumption) or FB. The U.S. is not a democracy. Let the free market decide if he is successful. If he makes crap he goes out of business. If he is a jerk to his customers, or has opinions most people disagree with he may go out of business for that too. Shutting down someone just because “some” people don’t agree with them is just wrong.
In the end FB is still a private business so they can do what they want. I think it’s wrong but it’s their sandbox so I don’t have the right to force them to change. People go through a lot of effort to get their business setup on FB. It sucks to wake up to chains on your doors because your landlord disagrees with you.
Sorry, it’s late and I’m just sick (and tired) of the opinion police and cancel culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
Guess Facebook is not about the free exchange of ideas, and the first amendment.

When you play in someone else's house it's their rules not yours. It has absolutely nothing to do with the first amendment. When you get your driver's license, it's a privilege to drive the roads. It doesn't give you the right to speed, run red lights or do whatever you feel is in your best interest. Social media and forums are no different. Unless you own the format there are rules to be followed. Say something out of line or promote something that isn't agreeable to this forum and see how long Mike allows you to hang around.
I'm glad FB finally got the balls to clean some of that misinformation BS up.
Now if they would just completely disappear altogether the world would be a much better place for it.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok....so I held off as long as I could. Yes on the statement that wished Facebook and all social media would disappear.

Now in regards to BCM cues....this is the honest to goodness truth. I purchased a cue from Brian I can post the cue if necessary but the reality is that this.... the ONLY cue I ever purchased that was bad right out the gate was a BCM cue. The shaft was warped on delivery. It wasn’t a roll. The actual shaft was warped. Pretty badly I might add. I ended up selling that cue at a huge discount. I did contact Brian once and he said send it back but when I went to follow up on it he never responded. So for me...it might be best for him to shut the doors. Might not have actually been his cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok....so I held off as long as I could. Yes on the statement that wished Facebook and all social media would disappear.

Now in regards to BCM cues....this is the honest to goodness truth. I purchased a cue from Brian I can post the cue if necessary but the reality is that this.... the ONLY cue I ever purchased that was bad right out the gate was a BCM cue. The shaft was warped on delivery. It wasn’t a roll. The actual shaft was warped. Pretty badly I might add. I ended up selling that cue at a huge discount. I did contact Brian once and he said send it back but when I went to follow up on it he never responded. So for me...it might be best for him to shut the doors. Might not have actually been his cup of tea.

Never heard this about his cues. I've had three and they were all flawless and dead-straight. Also, never had him not respond to any messages. The guy has made a lot of super nice cues. You had a bad experience but to say that means he should "shut his doors" is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Facebook censors their content based on algorithms and mob rule not by checking facts. No one should be getting their news mainly from FB. This is why so many are so mis-informed. Filtered information is not news.
Bryan should not be deprived of his business just because he has opinions different from you (just an assumption) or FB. The U.S. is not a democracy. Let the free market decide if he is successful. If he makes crap he goes out of business. If he is a jerk to his customers, or has opinions most people disagree with he may go out of business for that too. Shutting down someone just because “some” people don’t agree with them is just wrong.
In the end FB is still a private business so they can do what they want. I think it’s wrong but it’s their sandbox so I don’t have the right to force them to change. People go through a lot of effort to get their business setup on FB. It sucks to wake up to chains on your doors because your landlord disagrees with you.
Sorry, it’s late and I’m just sick (and tired) of the opinion police and cancel culture.

I feel we are way into NPR territory now. I don't see the connection about the free market and social media sensoring conspirancy theories. If Bryan filled his Facebook account with Qanon stuff, I totally understand why Facebook suspended his account.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard this about his cues. I've had three and they were all flawless and dead-straight. Also, never had him not respond to any messages. The guy has made a lot of super nice cues. You had a bad experience but to say that means he should "shut his doors" is ridiculous.

It’s ok. Based on your posts I figured you would come to his defense. I didn’t make the decision for him to shut down his operation. He made that decision. I only say it might be a good decision for him. My decision was to not buy another one of his cues. I agree he has made some nice looking cues. As far as quality and playability well not so sure. In any case I wish him the best going forward and I hope the machinery goes to the right place.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
Facebook censors their content based on algorithms and mob rule not by checking facts.
Yes and No...their algorithms are based non-factual BS not wanted by their advertisers because guess who pays the bills.
No one should be getting their news mainly from FB.
You are 100% correct...or twitter or snapchat or tiktok or any of the other BS social media platforms where people just basically run amuck with hearsay information.
This is why so many are so mis-informed. Filtered information is not news.
That's because people in this country are lazy and don't want to do the fact checking for themselves and will cling on to BS information that fits their narrative.
Bryan should not be deprived of his business just because he has opinions different from you (just an assumption) or FB.
I've known Bryan for over twenty years now and consider him a friend. We've both been in each others shops on several occasions and have talked shop over the phone on many occasions. I certainly wish him no harm and all the success he can muster in his life. However, Bryan is a grown man and should have known better than to put his businesses basically in one bread basket. He has well over 25 years in billiards industry and has a wealth of knowledge but made a fatal business mistake. We've had several conversations about it over the years.
His business...his choices.

The U.S. is not a democracy.
I have to disagree with you on this one. Go live in Brazil or Venezuela or Vietnam or Cambodia and then come back to the States and tell me that.
Let the free market decide if he is successful. If he makes crap he goes out of business. If he is a jerk to his customers, or has opinions most people disagree with he may go out of business for that too. Shutting down someone just because “some” people don’t agree with them is just wrong.
I think the free market already did the deciding. I'm not sure the man would have survived for 25 years building and repairing cues if he wasn't doing something right. Way underpriced with his repair work and his end product. I still tell him that almost every time we talk.
In the end FB is still a private business so they can do what they want.
This pretty much sums it up with these few words.
I think it’s wrong but it’s their sandbox so I don’t have the right to force them to change.
People go through a lot of effort to get their business setup on FB. It sucks to wake up to chains on your doors because your landlord disagrees with you.

It is their sandbox and there's not one thing anyone can do about it unless you are a big time advertiser on their site. In case you hadn't noticed, this country is all about the money. Big business and banks have run this country for almost all the years of its existence and will continue to do so until the end of its existence.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
When you play in someone else's house it's their rules not yours. It has absolutely nothing to do with the first amendment. When you get your driver's license, it's a privilege to drive the roads. It doesn't give you the right to speed, run red lights or do whatever you feel is in your best interest. Social media and forums are no different. Unless you own the format there are rules to be followed. Say something out of line or promote something that isn't agreeable to this forum and see how long Mike allows you to hang around.
I'm glad FB finally got the balls to clean some of that misinformation BS up.
Now if they would just completely disappear altogether the world would be a much better place for it.

I do not get FAKEBOOK, have never been part of their community. I do not understand how FAKEBOOK, Twitter, Instagram make the money they do, or have the value as a stock they have.

I understand it is their house, and have house rules. Problem I have is they talk about free speach, to me that mean both sides of a debate or subject. Not censorship, or only approved ideas or opinions.

Maybe if FAKEBOOK said we are liberal, we are progressive. Only liberals & progressive are welcome. Other are not welcome.

That would be an idea that would explain their policies better.

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not get FAKEBOOK, have never been part of their community. I do not understand how FAKEBOOK, Twitter, Instagram make the money they do, or have the value as a stock they have.

I understand it is their house, and have house rules. Problem I have is they talk about free speach, to me that mean both sides of a debate or subject. Not censorship, or only approved ideas or opinions.

Maybe if FAKEBOOK said we are liberal, we are progressive. Only liberals & progressive are welcome. Other are not welcome.

In my area, Facebook is overwhelming Republican based. And yes, lots of false information on nearly every subject imaginable.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member

Bruce...give it up. By stating you don't understand how they make the money they make says everything. The rest of your ramblings are just that....ramblings.

But before you go away........please define who they are.
And also please point out anywhere in their bylaws where they promote the freedom of free "speach"

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Bruce...give it up. By stating you don't understand how they make the money they make says everything. The rest of your ramblings are just that....ramblings.

But before you go away........please define who they are.
And also please point out anywhere in their bylaws where they promote the freedom of free "speach"

Well I understand FAKEBOOK, Twitter, and Instagram produce income. Just do not understand how it works. The "A", "B", "C" of how their companies produce income, and they stop K has mega value.

Now like a Cuemaker assembling part into a Cue, and selling said product for a price based upon supply, and demand.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Well I understand FAKEBOOK, Twitter, and Instagram produce income. Just do not understand how it works. The "A", "B", "C" of how their companies produce income, and they stop K has mega value.

Now like a Cuemaker assembling part into a Cue, and selling said product for a price based upon supply, and demand.

Pretty simple concept Bruce...the member is the product and their main business model is data mining. FarceBook collects an amazing amount of data from not only you but all of your friends and contacts which they sell to advertising firms that produce marketing lists and individual companies. They make additional income from direct advertisers.

Bigger problem with FB, IMO, is that they maintain a social and political agenda and censor posted information and opinions that differs from theirs. Go too far and they ban you...they have too much influence and are much to powerful. Strangely, to me, people have no regard for their privacy and right to express themselves.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty simple concept Bruce...the member is the product and their main business model is data mining. FarceBook collects an amazing amount of data from not only you but all of your friends and contacts which they sell to advertising firms that produce marketing lists and individual companies. They make additional income from direct advertisers.

Bigger problem with FB, IMO, is that they maintain a social and political agenda and censor posted information and opinions that differs from theirs. Go too far and they ban you...they have too much influence and are much to powerful. Strangely, to me, people have no regard for their privacy and right to express themselves.
Own a current smart-phone? Same thing happens there. Besides a phone call, and maybe them too, everything you do on one is collected and used for some purpose. Not much privacy left these days.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

I kind of sort of get the idea, it like a free trip to a resort, and the end game is selling you a time share.

I laught at FAKEBOOK as my H/S Class is still talking about a High School Play we did in 1964. Some people apprently that was the biggest event in their life. 1964 H/S Play.

Then the is the Clasmates & Teachers guess who just died thing. Really do not care as most if the people I did not really hand with, or know well. Fact is when people get over 60's there chance of death increase.