Men's pool on ESPN2 Sunday

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
International Challenge of Champions. Daz vs SVB

So the question is....How many people need to watch in order for the network to test out more? Normally they only televise Women's matches. Wonder what transpired for them to try out this match.

Don't know how ratings work, but I hope it gets some decent viewership to get someone to say "hmmm, let's try some more".

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
The challenge of champions is usually the only men's tournament they put on TV. I too hope it gets lots of exposure so we can see more of the same.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
There could be many pool shows like the 'Challenge of Champions'

International Challenge of Champions. Daz vs SVB

So the question is....How many people need to watch in order for the network to test out more? Normally they only televise Women's matches. Wonder what transpired for them to try out this match.

Don't know how ratings work, but I hope it gets some decent viewership to get someone to say "hmmm, let's try some more".

The 'Challenge of Champions" has been produced for over 20 years by a man named Matt Braun who is a well known western novel author. It was his brainchild and Allen Hopkins helped him as well through the years. I'm not sure if Matt's still physically involved or not, it's been years since I've been in that "loop".

The 'Challenge of Champions' is a great example of a pool show that has went on through the new millennium. ESPN isn't in the business of producing pool shows or monitoring them to see how they do in ratings. It takes real promoters to do TV events, and that's what has been lacking for the last 14 years.

There could be many pool shows like the 'Challenge of Champions' and would cost way less to produce than this last tournament in Tunica. For the money spent in Tunica we could have pool on ESPN every week in some way, shape or form.

Hopefully some of these type promoters will step forward in the next 12 months. Bonus Ball seems to be leading the way, I have a feeling there will be many more to come. 'The Game is the Teacher'