Viva Mexico!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gail and I just got back from a few days in Mexico City.

Before I go any further let me say we'd never been before and it is a wonderful, vibrant, safe city. Museums, parks, plazas, fountains, statues, concerts, boulevards or paseos with landscaping plants trimmed to within an inch of their lives, and of course great food and drink. Everyone is so polite. Even the few panhandlers we encountered would approach with something like the pitch I got from the last guy, translated from what he was saying to me in Spanish: "Excuse me sir for the bother. But if I may ask you a question, with all due respect, would it be possible for you to give me 10 pesos (like 50 cents US) so that I might get something to eat."

So to get to the pool related part, our last day we were walking back from the Zocalo (main plaza) in the historic part of the city when Gail says to me, "Doesn't 'billares' mean pool?" And she points to the second floor of a building across the street. And I say, "It sure does (well, "billiards" actually)." And we head across the street and do the pool player walk-up to the second floor.

It was a really nice room with two floors called Billares Independencia. One floor was mostly billiard tables, with another mostly pool. I checked out the billiard tables and the cloth was new and stretched tightly. Watching a couple of guys playing some 3C I could see that the balls were nicely polished.

It was very cool.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_3734.jpg
    IMG_3734.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_3748.jpg
    IMG_3748.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_3738.jpg
    IMG_3738.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_3742.jpg
    IMG_3742.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 576

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I was in Mexico last week....Cabo. every person there was polite and gracious. Yeah, they are cordial and friendly and I'm heading back as soon as time and money allows. Wonderful time.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
teilight zone

Lou,
what's up? I swear I saw a post over a year ago where yu and Gail went to Mexico and had a great time..met nice people etc? I think I am in the twilight zone?
BR
Phil

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in Mexico last week....Cabo. every person there was polite and gracious. Yeah, they are cordial and friendly and I'm heading back as soon as time and money allows. Wonderful time.

Been to a lot of places in Mexico, including Cabo, which is great. Our favorite is Puerto Vallarta.

Lou Figueroa

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I wished we'd had more time so I could play some. All the 3C tables were heated.

Lou Figueroa

I see the europeans tour all the time like every yr
Sanchez caudron leppens sayginer always touring mexico

Even seen semih sing with mariachi band

Fyi semih in turkey is a singer an actor and a motivational speaker to corporations when hes not in billiards

Add on top of that one hell of a trick shot showman and always elite 3c player

Semih sayginer is a 1 in 10 million kind of a man

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see the europeans tour all the time like every yr
Sanchez caudron leppens sayginer always touring mexico

Even seen semih sing with mariachi band

Fyi semih in turkey is a singer an actor and a motivational speaker to corporations when hes not in billiards

Add on top of that one hell of a trick shot showman and always elite 3c player

Semih sayginer is a 1 in 10 million kind of a man

I saw Sayginer, along with all the other champions, at Chris's up in Chicago during a big 3C event several years back, and he put on one of the greatest exhibition shows I've ever seen on a table.

Lou Figueroa

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
lol, that link explains a lot about your posts.

Lou Figueroa
I kid
I kid

You don't have say you kid. I think old Fred holds the same disdain for politics that I do.

His writing is funny and makes me want to go to Mexico.

Jeff Livingston

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Mexico

It’s been 24 years since but I went on a long trip in Mexico.. hopped on a bus on Mexico City and traveled and stopped at many locations along the way to Oaxaca.. the most memorable area I liked was Puerto Escondido and the beaches are a wonderland!
I stopped in a poolroom down there and i thought it was odd it was pretty much wide open with no doors but then most places around that area had the same design, basically open 24/7.
Thanks for sharing your travels.

Rob.M