Meucci Extension ?

td1223

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently purchased a meucci gambler and extension from budget billiards. When I remove the but cap there are no threads for the extension plug / adapter to screw into. I can see a grey piece but it is way down and the extension bolt doesn't reach it. Am I missing something here?

BB tells me I have to contact meucci but I can;t seem to get through to them.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go back to the budget billiards site, click on the Meucci cue extension image, review the extension system itemized list, figure out which cue and which system you now own, make sure they were compatible- then go from there. there are different extension set ups for different Meucci cues according to the itemized list.

My guess is they are not matched.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently purchased a meucci gambler and extension from budget billiards. When I remove the but cap there are no threads for the extension plug / adapter to screw into. I can see a grey piece but it is way down and the extension bolt doesn't reach it. Am I missing something here?

BB tells me I have to contact meucci but I can;t seem to get through to them.

Hello, this happened to me, the exact same situation last year, let me tell you the story.

P.S. to measureman, oh they do care, they made it right to me.

Ok so, I have three Meucci cues, I bought the extension to use it on one of them, or whichever I decide to use at that time, the extension came in the box, I opened it, it has a plastic bumper with a screw whole so that you can screw in the extension quickly without removing the bumper.

So, I removed the original rubber bumper to insert the plastic bumper for the extension and it didn't want to screw in, so I checked and there weren't threads inside the butt end, the threads were there but they were so deep inside that the bumper couldn't be screwed in.

I tried with the other cues, and they all had threads all the way out, so the extension bumper did screw on the other Meucci cues, but didn't want to screw on that one cue because Meucci did not install the threads all the way until the end of the butt, very simply put.

Anyway I emailed Budget cues, and Bob's daughter Julia responded to me and handled everything professionally, anyway to cut the story short she sent to me the threads that I need to put inside the meucci butt end, with different sizes (In length) so that I make sure that I choose the correct lengthed threads to put in, she sent three threads, all of the same thread ofcourse but just different lengths, I can use glue for it, or go to any billiards professional to install it to me, which I did.

She also sent to me few free rubber bumpers, anyway it wasn't too hard to install it myself, but yea the thing is, when they put the screw on the butt end for the weights, sometimes they don't put it all the out until the butt end, because maybe they didnt anticipate an extension use, I guess somebody in the Meucci Factory should tell them that they should always put the threads all the way until the end of the rubber bumper incase the customer wants an extension.

td1223

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asbani, That sounds like my situation, budget billiards said I have to work with Meucci who is impossible to get in contact with. Thanks for theinformation.

Last edited:

td1223

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go back to the budget billiards site, click on the Meucci cue extension image, review the extension system itemized list, figure out which cue and which system you now own, make sure they were compatible- then go from there. there are different extension set ups for different Meucci cues according to the itemized list.

My guess is they are not matched.

Like I said, I bought them both from BB and I know they are correct!

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Asbani, That sounds like my situation accept budget billiards said I have to work with Meucci who is impossible to get in contact with. Thanks for theinformation.

Barbara usually answers the phone at Meucci every weekday.

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So everyone knows...

Muecci & Budget Cues - ARE basically the same - (BOTH are in the family owned businesses...)

Julia... is daughter of Bob... & runs Budget!!

Maybe this will help others to understand...