USPS is crooked

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Here is a solution....I ship my cues in pvc pipe 2-3" diameter ---take a 4 foot piece cut it down to 38 inches ----buy 2 end caps and pvc glue.....glue the one end cap on the pipe...place the cue inside make sure it cant move with packing material around it, pack the 6-8 " free space with carboard and glue the other end cap on it...mark a line on the outside of the end with the carboard filler to show ur customer where to cut the cap off to remove the cue. I ship my cues thru the usps this way....insured....no problems so far.
If u try to ship them this way thru ups or fedex they will require you to place the pvc tube in a carboard triangular shipping box...

And that looks like a pipe bomb.

The cues were in a hefty case .
None were damaged.
The whole package went missing .

jkan101

jkan101
Silver Member
Doesnt matter if it looks like a pipe bomb or not it gets to its destination in one piece without being taken apart...

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That will not stop the stealing. And getting an insurance refund is a 50 50 crap shoot. I dont know what pvc you use, i use thin wall sewer pipe, inside the triangle box and in 20 years i have only had 2 broken. 1/2 dozen stolen.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Look into business shipping insurers like Shipsurance... Not sure what their minimum limit of packages is per month but it's worth a call. Joel Hercek uses some sort of Marine Insurance...

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
UPS... 5,000.00 PACKAGE. Yah 5k

It was a supercharger for a 4.6 ford Cobra.

NEVER SAW A TRUCK. Just disappeared. THANK GOD I insured it. Even then, it took months to recover the money.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sometimes wonder if it is better to just insure for $500 and make sure nothing on the box suggests its a cue. Getting full insurance offers some protection but it also seems to me to almost be like attaching a blinking red neon sign to the outside of the package saying "high value cue inside- STEAL ME"