Old Player question

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No,not new.I played quite a lot 10 years ago.Had a table in the basement and could run out an easy layout(sometimes). Have been away from pool for about 10 yrs. Thanks

Do you still have a table at home? I got back into pool about 15 years ago when I retired and bought a 9' table. Very convenient to just walk downstairs and start playing.

I'd say get your eyes checked and then put in the time. You should be able to return to close to where you were.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Afternoon. Question for you guys(and ladies). At 61 years of age with good health and ok vision(wear glasses) and a truly average(at best) ability, is it still possible to become a competitor on 7 ft tables(very few 9 ftrs anywhere close)? Certainly don't mean Pro level but good regional player. Or has that ship sailed due to Father Time? Thanks,Whiteoak

I have known some C or B players who became B+ players when they got older, just because they played all day every day for the first time in their lives, never higher than that .

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The gentleman who I play One Pocket with all the time is 88 y/o, he is a retired cattle rancher from the Dakotas. Very good one pocket player. My joke is he will pay your for hearing aid battery money, and never buy batteries again. :shocked2: