How many players were at hese events this weekend.

MikeJanis

Banned
How many players were at these events this weekend?

How many participants were at each of these events this weekend ?

Thanks, Mj

Seminole Florida Pro Tour
Fast Eddie's
Goldsboro, NC
August 8 - 10, 2008
$9,000 added
39 Players

Jacoby Carolina Tour
Brown's Billiards
Raleigh, NC
August 9 - 10, 2008
919-878-9092
$1,000 added
branpureza said:
um i think it was around 30 players or so

Fast Eddie's 9-Ball Tour
Fast Eddie's
Amarillo, TX
August 9 - 10, 2008
$1,750 added
Also a $350 added ladies event
Gage said:
42 players in Amarillo

Blaze 9-Ball Tour
Raxx Pool Room
West Hempstead, NY
August 9 - 10, 2008
516-538-9896
$2,000 added
45 Players

Tiger Bay Area Amateur
Strokers Billiards
Palm Harbor, FL
August 9, 2008
727-786-6683
$500 added

Canadian Women's Pool Tour
Jeff Bell WPBA 2008 Pac Coast Classic Qualifier
Dakota Sports Club and Billiards
Orillia, ON
August 9 - 10, 2008
705-325-5600
$1,000 added
Added: $1000.00 includes 2008 Pacific Coast Classic Qualifier in October 1-5, 2008 at Chinook Winds, Lincoln City, OR

Gateway Amateur Tour
Qualifier Event
Shooter?s Sports Bar
Centralia, IL
August 9, 2008
618-532-9931
handicapped 8-ball event

Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour
Mr Cues II
Atlanta, GA
August 9 - 10, 2008
770-454-7665
$2,500 added
Amateur Event, Entry $60
Races 7W/7L, winner breaks
$2500 guaranteed added
Start time: 12pm
82 Players Actually, 106 total participants including the mini's.

East Coast Pool Tour
Fats Pool Room
Ansonia, CT
August 9 - 10, 2008
203-734-7713
Entry $65 (+tour membership)
All Class Event (A-B-C-D), double elimination 10-ball event
For more info: Sal Bev (203)410-3890 or Brent Boemmels (203)525-9052 or Brentboemmels@yahoo.com
Tour Website: members.cox.net/ecpt/
14 Players

Above List Copied from: http://www.azbilliards.com/2000calendar.php

stuckart said:
There were about 145 players at the AZ BCA 8-ball Championships this past weekend in Payson, Arizona.

pool4u said:
And don't forget Mo River!

Danny Harriman didn't. :)

8/9/08
Mo River Pub & Pool - Columbia, MO
$25 8-Ball
35 players[/B

watchez said:
Theo's Colonial Inn in Union Missouri. 15 players,

pool4u said:
20 Players at Shooters Olathe, KS Big table 9-Ball tournament Saturday Aug 9th.

Mike Templeton said:
50 players in Florence, SC.
Mike

spoonie said:
The Tennessee event was held at J O B in nashville.Ausgust 8-9-10.They
had a 102 players

Last edited:

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the last two events are the same - it is obvious this came from the AZ calendar list as there were issues with a duplication for that tour.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Man, that Seminole Tournament sounded awesome! $9000 added with a super tough field packed full of champions... wish I could have made that one. I decided to stay closer to home and play in the Jacoby Tour tournament. If any of you guys have never played in a Jacoby tournament, you should do yourself a favor and come out and compete... Doug Ennis runs a great tournament and he's a super nice guy... usually a pretty tough field too.

MikeJanis

Banned
branpureza said:
Man, that Seminole Tournament sounded awesome! $9000 added with a super tough field packed full of champions... wish I could have made that one. I decided to stay closer to home and play in the Jacoby Tour tournament. If any of you guys have never played in a Jacoby tournament, you should do yourself a favor and come out and compete... Doug Ennis runs a great tournament and he's a super nice guy... usually a pretty tough field too.

Who won ? How many players ?

Usually we call each room or Td and sometimes AZ posts to keep track but our cell phone battery died today. Any help would be nice.

We are just trying to get a complete census.

If you have any other events to report please add them to.

And yes this is fron the AZ list of events this weekend. I tjough that may have been obvious that I jsut copied and paoted it.

Thanks,

Mj

Last edited:

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
There were about 145 players at the AZ BCA 8-ball Championships this past weekend in Payson, Arizona.

tattoosbyjay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blaze 9-Ball Tour
Raxx Pool Room
West Hempstead, NY
August 9 - 10, 2008
516-538-9896
$2,000 added
we had 45 players and forst place was $1900

MikeJanis

Banned
tattoosbyjay said:
Blaze 9-Ball Tour
Raxx Pool Room
West Hempstead, NY
August 9 - 10, 2008
516-538-9896
$2,000 added
we had 45 players and forst place was $1900

Nice, was that with the calcutta $ to or just tournament.

What were the rest of the payouts ?

Seminole Pro Tour

Kevin Pickard
Silver Member
Hey Mike Whats up with you bolding and enlarging the player numbers for these tournaments? I figured I would ask before getting into the differences in our tournaments and the obvious reasons for disparity in the numbers. Thanks

Kevin

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Yes, we all know that this country is saturated by regional pool tours and on the 2nd day God created the Viking tour and gave his only begotten son, Mike Janis, to run it. :deadhorse:

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
And don't forget Mo River!

Danny Harriman didn't. :)

8/9/08
Mo River Pub & Pool - Columbia, MO
$25 8-Ball
35 players. 1st: John Turpin, 2nd: Jamey Martin, 3rd: Hack, 4th: Bob Fergason, 5th-6th: Danny Harriman & Scotty Justice

You guys, this tournament is apparently the nuts. Ran right. Diamond tables. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

MikeJanis

Banned
FLa Pro Tour said:
Hey Mike Whats up with you bolding and enlarging the player numbers for these tournaments? I figured I would ask before getting into the differences in our tournaments and the obvious reasons for disparity in the numbers. Thanks

Kevin

Kevin, the highlight is just to show the readers what I am looking for. The total # of players.

Why, I am trying to do a census of the # of players that participate each week in tour events.

This statistical analysis will help when approaching outside industry sponsors while trying to gain their participation in our sport.

Last edited:

MikeJanis

Banned
calcuttaman said:
Are you just curious? Or do you track this somewhere on the web where we can look?

Why, I am trying to do a census of the # of players that participate each week in tour events.

This statistical analysis will help when approaching outside industry sponsors while trying to gain their participation in our sport.

It is not available on the web, but I will post it somewhere when I am done. The eqaution is incomplete because I have not figured a way to track weekly events in local pool rooms/bars yet so basically I am starting at the top of the tournament chain with advertised events.

Mj

Last edited:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I played in an 8 Ball tournament Saturday @ Theo's Colonial Inn in Union Missouri. 15 players, Calcutta had over $1,000 total. It also was ran right and a great tournament & good time.

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
MikeJanis said:

I think it's a valid question. I for one was surprised to see how many big tournaments were scheduled on the same day.

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
More...

20 Players at Shooters Olathe, KS Big table 9-Ball tournament Saturday Aug 9th.