Edge Break Cue

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Anyone own or has tried the Jacoby Edge break cue ???? My friend got one and says it's the best breaker he has ever owned.....Any opinions on this one ???

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NINEBALLART said:
Anyone own or has tried the Jacoby Edge break cue ???? My friend got one and says it's the best breaker he has ever owned.....Any opinions on this one ???

I have one and it is a very nice break cue . Flat laminated but and shaft with a 3/8x10 pin Last time I checked they retailed for $250 and IMO very well worth the price .

Hope this helps ... Larry

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Anyone else ????? Would apprediate it because I am thinking of buying one and first want a little feed back before I make up my mine....Thanks Larry.....

spoons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got a buddy who has one, and was nice enough to let me try it out for about a dozen breaks one night. It's a solid hitting cue for sure, and very effective.

My major complaint with it is simply the comfort factor. The butt is tapered differently, where the taper on the end farthest from the shaft "flattens out" (for lack of a better way to describe it). I think it's intended to give the shooter's hand a little something extra to push on as it comes through.

Whatever the reason, it creates what I perceive to be a "bump" (again for lack of a better term) almost exactly where I prefer to hold the cue when I break. So for me, the thickest part of the handle, is where I'd like to hold the cue, which is just too uncomfortable for me.

If you haven't tried one, I'd do that before you buy it. If the handle doesn't bother you, then I'd say go for it.

Hope that helps.