That someone special

I would like to use this oppotunity to allow everyone in expressing their gratitiude to that someone special who has made a difference in his or her pool game, or even life in general.

No name is required owning to the concern of privacy; nonetheless, I am sure that special person would know and would grealy appreciate it.

PS: I am sorry I deleted this post last night. I somehow felt that it was not appropriate in a pool forum. I have since received so many requests/inequires and even complains so here we go again... ;)

OK, let me start first.

I want to thank this very special someone who has made a hugh difference in my life.

Yes, it is you...the one whose favorite color is green... ;)

Thank you...... :D

coolpoolfool

Pool lover
Oooooo I was just thinking about him this morning and how grateful I am!! We might get to go see him tonight!! His name is George.

Long story, so sit down. Hee hee

I used to go with my husband to different bars so he could play pool. I watched a lot of games--three or four years worth before I started playing regularly myself. It's amazing what I learned by watching.

But I met this man named George who used to tour in the 60's. He still plays well but has health problems and bad eyes. He is a "gruff" sort of man so I really had to learn how to listen. George taught me how to really listen. He also taught me how to chalk up and to chalk up EVERY time. Every once in a while he would bring out a pointer like each one was a precious jewel (which it is in my eyes too). I learned so much about pool from him.

George is the one who told us about the Derby City Classic and went with us the first year, helped me pick out my cue accessories. He introduced us to Shannon Daulton and we hung out for a bit before the tournament. He helped us get autographs from most of the top pros. I was so in awe. I still am. Pool has become a passion of mine and even though I don't have much time to play these days, I still think about it and frequent the forums to still have that connection to it. Now I know what my destiny is and at the very least, I will have a successful pool hall or sports bar, maybe even greater things to come. I'm so happy that my husband and I share this dream. :)

Thank you George, from the bottom of my heart!

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiffpoolbum said:
I would like to use this oppotunity to allow everyone in expressing their gratitiude to that someone special who has made a difference in his or her pool game, or even life in general.

No name is required owning to the concern of privacy; nonetheless, I am sure that special person would know and would grealy appreciate it.

PS: I am sorry I deleted this post last night. I somehow felt that it was not appropriate in a pool forum. I have since received so many requests/inequires and even complains so here we go again... ;)

I'll thank my dad for buying me my first cue, even though I was cutting out of school to play!

landshark77

------blank------
Silver Member
My turn

Ok...this is gonna be a cool thread, so I'll give it a shot, LOL!

First for pool... there has been one person to really take the time and show me everything...and I mean everything. I am sooo sorry that I can kick your butt now, but hey... :p And in life this person has been great. Thank you always.

Then there is the one person that has helped me with life and I enjoy talking to this person very much...thanx for being there. :)

And lastly...but never least...ever...is the person who reminds me of the Beatles. You are too great! Really. ;)

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
landshark77 said:
Ok...this is gonna be a cool thread, so I'll give it a shot, LOL!

First for pool... there has been one person to really take the time and show me everything...and I mean everything. I am sooo sorry that I can kick your butt now, but hey... :p And in life this person has been great. Thank you always.

Then there is the one person that has helped me with life and I enjoy talking to this person very much...thanx for being there. :)

And lastly...but never least...ever...is the person who reminds me of the Beatles. You are too great! Really. ;)
There was that time that I was walking in the park, and I saw those 2 guys holding hands and kissing. That was the gayest thing I ever witnessed......Till I started reading this thread.

L/S, I can't believe they suckered you into "opening up".

the6ballkid

H8-2-LOSE
Silver Member
wow....

yeah... i know you are out there frankie.......sorry but i can still kick your a$$....

hey " look at me now!! "

r.i.p.
Francis Daniel Brohm

(sorry to be all emotional an stuff, but he really pushed me a strange way, and i prob wouldn't be where i am today ?!? )

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the help you've given me and thanks for pushing me to practice harder.
You know who you are.

Christyd

landshark77

------blank------
Silver Member
Mike Templeton said:
L/S, I can't believe they suckered you into "opening up".

Yeah, I have been suckered into alot of things here lately.......

HAHAHAHAHAHA I am laughing so hard. I am so good about discoveries though....

...one thing I hate is a liar...seriously.

shinyballs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to thank all the assclowns I beat in league this year. I owe my first place to all of you.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It is a nice thread and we will leave the thread here. Just so long as everyone knows that it is not Tiffany Nelson that started the thread. It was actually redhotpeter in one of his 'girly' phases.

He either needs to save up for the operation and make it official or he needs to get over his fixation with wanting to be a girl.

Mike

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Like to thank my dad who brought me to bars in the NY area in the 50's to teach me pool.

Also to the many pro's I played over the years that took my money. I learned a lot from them. The biggest thing I learned is you can't beat a pro even with a spot.
JohnnyT

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom Rossman
Dr. Cue

he's been my #1 instructor for years now, and took the time just about every year to come down around Christmas to help me. from when i was a beginner up to now when i am capable of running racks he has always taken the time to help me.

also, thanks to Diana Minor and Mark Wilson for their lessons also.

regards,
DCP

AzHousePro said:
It was actually redhotpeter in one of his 'girly' phases.

He either needs to save up for the operation and make it official or he needs to get over his fixation with wanting to be a girl.

Mike

I always had suspicions about Tiffpoolbum being a female to begin with and I've stated that.

But since the whole thing is a lie anyway, maybe redhotpeter is really
redhotcooter. This gets more and more complicated. :confused:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
How is Diana doing? I havn't spoke to her in well over a year.

Mike

DrCue'sProtege said:
Tom Rossman
Dr. Cue

he's been my #1 instructor for years now, and took the time just about every year to come down around Christmas to help me. from when i was a beginner up to now when i am capable of running racks he has always taken the time to help me.

also, thanks to Diana Minor and Mark Wilson for their lessons also.

regards,
DCP

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Mike Templeton said:
There was that time that I was walking in the park, and I saw those 2 guys holding hands and kissing. That was the gayest thing I ever witnessed......Till I started reading this thread.
QUOTE]

shinyballs said:
I'd like to thank all the assclowns I beat in league this year. I owe my first place to all of you.

I'd like to thank shiny and Mike for a great laugh.

Jeff Livingston

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
,,,I would like to thank my wife for divorcing me,,,,the asylum for setting me free,,,,and all them little blue pills (no,,wait,,,get that strait jacket away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,