China Open Spectators

Carolina Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am watching the live stream of the China Open and there is nobody in the stands. I mean they are empty! I thought pool was supposed to be so very popular over there. Anybody there who can tell us why there are no fans watching?

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I am watching the live stream of the China Open and there is nobody in the stands. I mean they are empty! I thought pool was supposed to be so very popular over there. Anybody there who can tell us why there are no fans watching?

I noticed the same thing and I can't help wondering where pool is going? The promoters can't be making much money if any with the seats empty.......

James

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to a friend (Chinese) who lives in Shanghai and is avid pool player. He said this tournament was poorly promoted locally last year and again this year.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I believe it's on China and Asia tv. If so, that's where the money is. Johnnyt

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Thailand and can get Shanghai TV streaming. They have shown some of the men's matches in the afternoons but not full coverage.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
WOW, that amazes me that with all those players there in China that they don't have a fews people in the stands. Oh well maybe its just the way it is these days. I feel sorry for the promoters maybe they are losing $$ on the deal. However if its on TV I would imagine they got their $$ covered.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO the pool scene in Asia is overstated.

I was there 5-6 years ago in Taiwan during the Womens WPC.

Jennifer Chen who is supposed to be the "Michael Jordan of Taiwan" was playing in the group stages to an audience of about 6 or 7. More people play over there but like here, they aren't all that interested in watching.