Another SBE Thread

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hi All,

Bet you thought this was going to be another thread bashing SBE? WRONG!!!

Decided to leave SBE around Noon on Sunday having lost my match to get to third/fourth. Was told Allen was not going to arrive till after 2 PM. As he signs all checks (nice touch handing them out with a handshake), I might have to wait till nearly 3 PM. Was told I could have a check sent to my home. It's a five hour drive home so my friend and me decided to leave. Low and behold, I received my check in this mornings mail!!!! Way to go SBE and Allen Hopkins :thumbup:. Wonder why so many players flock to this event? If you haven't been there before, you are missing a "happening". Haven't said that word in nearly forty years!

Lyn

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All,

Bet you thought this was going to be another thread bashing SBE? WRONG!!!

Decided to leave SBE around Noon on Sunday having lost my match to get to third/fourth. Was told Allen was not going to arrive till after 2 PM. As he signs all checks (nice touch handing them out with a handshake), I might have to wait till nearly 3 PM. Was told I could have a check sent to my home. It's a five hour drive home so my friend and me decided to leave. Low and behold, I received my check in this mornings mail!!!! Way to go SBE and Allen Hopkins :thumbup:. Wonder why so many players flock to this event? If you haven't been there before, you are missing a "happening". Haven't said that word in nearly forty years!

Lyn

I agree. It's a first-class happening! :cool:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Sorry to resurrect this shortlived thread. With the USPPA thread reaching 51 pages, I feel it is important to put a positive post on the front page. There are events that pay. The Super Billiards Expo is is one of the best, if not the best event I attend each year!!! Anyone else want to say thanks to Allen and his staff?

Lyn

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Here, here. I think Allen Hopkins and his staff did a great job of organizing and running this event.

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn't fortunate enough to attend, but Allen Hopkins is a class act. Always has been.