Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page My Gold crown 1
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
My Gold crown 1
Old
  (#1)
Al-po
AzB Silver Member
Al-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

My Gold crown 1 - 04-28-2011, 07:43 AM

Hello all. So i am somewhat new to the forum, did a lot of surfing around but not much posting in the last 2 months while I was searching for a home table. After much research I came to the decision on a Gold Crown, which is what I shot on for 7 years at my LPH before it closed down. Now it was time to find one, so after 2 months of craigslist and ebay I came across Pat O'donnell and Bob Deturk from advanced billiards solutions. I was able to drive out to there shop and set up a deal on a 1963 Gold Crown 1. I am happy to report that on Tuesday Pat and team delivered and set up my holy grail.

I can only say how pleased I was throughout the whole process; from meeting Bob at the shop, answering all my questions, returning my annoying calls every other day and most of all being careful not to scratch my new hard wood floors (my wife would have killed me .

I just wanted to throw out my appreciation and state that I would recommend them to anyone.

I have attached some photos of the process and the finished product. Thanks again!!!

Old
  (#2)
bigfred
AzB Silver Member
bigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond reputebigfred has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Is that a big scratch on the floor??? Just kidding. Looks great!

Old
  (#3)
Dartman
Pro Billiards
Dartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond reputeDartman has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2011, 08:29 AM

Pat and crew do top shelf work.
Looks great - not surprising.

Old
  (#4)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

04-28-2011, 08:31 AM

Congrats!!

Nothing like getting a new table set up and playing on it.

Old
  (#5)
BluesTele
AzB Silver Member
BluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond reputeBluesTele has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 300

04-28-2011, 08:51 AM

Looks Fantastic !

I'm in NJ, Can I come over and play ?

Old
  (#6)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

04-28-2011, 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=Al-po;2988577]Hello all. So i am somewhat new to the forum, did a lot of surfing around but not much posting in the last 2 months while I was searching for a home table. After much research I came to the decision on a Gold Crown, which is what I shot on for 7 years at my LPH before it closed down. Now it was time to find one, so after 2 months of craigslist and ebay I came across Pat O'donnell and Bob Deturk from advanced billiards solutions. I was able to drive out to there shop and set up a deal on a 1963 Gold Crown 1. I am happy to report that on Tuesday Pat and team delivered and set up my holy grail.

I can only say how pleased I was throughout the whole process; from meeting Bob at the shop, answering all my questions, returning my annoying calls every other day and most of all being careful not to scratch my new hard wood floors (my wife would have killed me .

I just wanted to throw out my appreciation and state that I would recommend them to anyone.

I have attached some photos of the process and the finished product. Thanks again!!!

Nice beautiful 2 tone refinished GC1, Bob & Pat & crew do some great work, some of the best work I know of in the Northeast that's for sure. Did they finish off the pockets in this picture so you couldn't see any wood from the slate frame under the slate pocket, or leave it as is...just wondering...everyone has a different way of finishing the pockets. Table looks beautiful....lot of hours into fixing that one up right...great job Bob

Glen

Old
  (#7)
Al-po
AzB Silver Member
Al-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond reputeAl-po has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2011, 09:06 AM

I will have to check that out... I did not notice any wood when the inserts were placed in.

Old
  (#8)
Spider1
AzB Silver Member
Spider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond reputeSpider1 has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2011, 09:20 AM

Love those early 60's GCs....favorite tables ever. Enjoy!

(You gotta find the old corner chrome pieces with the ash tray though, those are just too cool)

Old
  (#9)
Al-po
AzB Silver Member

04-28-2011, 09:31 AM

Agreed!! Pat and I were actually talking about those on the install. I saw a picture of the table on the forum with the ashtray inserts about a week ago and just love the look of those things!!

Old
  (#10)
jhanso18
Broken Lock
jhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2328

04-28-2011, 09:40 AM

That looks awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Old
  (#11)
javi2
AzB Silver Member
javi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond reputejavi2 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-28-2011, 09:40 AM

Nice table! Those guys are the best!

"Ya gotta make it... to take it" - javi2

"Bite your lip.....and take the trip" -Curtis Mayfield

Old
  (#12)
tksix
AzB Silver Member
tksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond reputetksix has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2011, 09:49 AM

Beautiful table!! I love the two-tone, looks good!

Mike

Gc i
Old
  (#13)
master9baller
Banned
master9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond reputemaster9baller has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

Gc i - 04-28-2011, 09:52 AM

GC I's rock.

I can almost hear the break shot "crack" in that room. Between the hardwood and the fireplace, must be some awesome accoustics. Best table ever, bar none IMHO.

Old
  (#14)
Al-po
AzB Silver Member

04-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the comments... I went back and forth between a black or cream on the 2 tone and soo glad went with the cream

Old
  (#15)
perfectpocketz
Banned
perfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond reputeperfectpocketz has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2011, 10:19 AM

WOW, that's and awesome job guy's....that table's beautiful...glade to see the great work you guy's are doing.

Two-tone looks so good on that style table....congratulations to the owner...great buy.

Mark Gregory

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: