Adam Japan Custom cue - 4 Points with Veneers (Piloted 5/16x14 joint)

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I am looking for offers on my Adam custom cue.

I am also looking for information on the model of the cue, the year it was made, and the original retail price of the cue.

I am sure that the cue was made in Japan, but I do not know anything else about the cue.

Does anyone have any information that they can offer about the cue?

It is missing the rubber bumper, so if anyone has a rubber bumper that would fit the cue, than I would really like to buy a rubber bumper for the cue.

The cue is in very good condition.

I would really appreciate any information (that anyone knows) about the cue.

I will also consider money offers (paid to me through paypal, or postal money order), or trade offers.

I really love the cue, and would love to know any information about the cue.

Thank you

Attachments

• Picture 25.jpg
    Picture 25.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,478
  • Picture 26.jpg
    Picture 26.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,320
  • Picture 27.jpg
    Picture 27.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,341
  • Picture 30.jpg
    Picture 30.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,524
  • Picture 33.jpg
    Picture 33.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,448

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I just wanted to add that this is a production cue (not really a custom cue), but I am sure that it is from the higher end line of Adam cues (that are made in Japan).

I hope that someone can offer me some information about when the cue was made, and maybe the model number of the cue.

I may also be interested in selling, or trading the cue (if a fair offer is made).

Thank you

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
The cue is An Adam DX-7. It is a decal cue. in other words the points and inlays are decals not actual points or inlays. The msrp is probably in the $100-125 range.

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Thank you for the information. I am very sad to learn this new information about the cue. The cue appears to be well made, so I was very surprised to learn that it is a decal cue. So where was the cue made? I am guessing that it was not made in Japan. Sorry for my mistake about the cue. I feel very stupid about the information that I noted in my listing now.

kelvinling

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, Adam Japan Cues are all made in Japan still. They have not been outsourced as far as I know. Is there any labeling on the shaft? As far as I know, all shafts made by Adam Japan are labeled.

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was looking for info about the DX-1 model, and found this old thread that I posted back in 2011. I was told by a few AZ members that replied to this thread that the cue I had was a Decal cue (with no real inlays). It appears that the DX-1 was not made using decals, according to the info in the blue book online.

http://bluebookofpoolcuevalues.com/...TOM_CUES_ADAM_CUSTOM_SERIES_CUES_Level_3_DX_1

I am asking because there is a DX-1 cue that I am interested in buying, and would like to know the value of the cue in used condition (80% condition I am guessing). I am also curious if the DX cue that I had back in 2011 was in fact a Decal cue, because it appears that the DX-1 model was not made using decals. I just realized that I originally posted this thread in the for sale section, so sorry for the bump. The cue in the pictures is not for sale. Just wanted to get some info on the value of it. Thanks.

Attachments

• 00K0K_aEMZU2sknkL_600x450.jpg
    00K0K_aEMZU2sknkL_600x450.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 689
  • 00v0v_cgLrgflA9eP_600x450.jpg
    00v0v_cgLrgflA9eP_600x450.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 745
  • 00l0l_hEZCUEeuFEB_600x450.jpg
    00l0l_hEZCUEeuFEB_600x450.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 713

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Natural-stained bird´s-eye maple forearm, four ebony points with two colored veneers and an intricate patterned applied image in each, ebony butt sleeve with an intricate repeated pattern applied image similar to the ones in the points between steel rings set in ebony at top and bottom.

This is from the link you supplied
pattern applied image - I think this means a partial decal cue.