It rained when leaving the pool hall

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
Actually it was coming down by the bucket. I use a pocket chalker and have a habit of forgetting to put it in my case when I'm done playing. When I realized that I had forgotten this time I looked at the chalk (Master) and it was soaked. I thought I might need to put a new piece in but I thought I'd try it. Surprisingly to me it went on the tip great. As a matter of fact it seemed to go on smoother and more easily than it did before. So much so that I'm wondering if I shouldn't wet the chalk a little before playing.

However, I did this just a little bit ago and haven't tried playing with that tip yet. Plus the chalk had a couple of days to dry. These two things in mind, I don't really know what I'm saying yet. Any experience on this anyone?

I'm leaving on vacation in like one hour. I'll have no internet connection while on vacation so I won't see any replies till I get back next Saturday. That is the only draw back of having cable internet connection. If you have dial up all you have to do is find out the local number where you are on vacation. With cable I'm screwed when not at home.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine in japan used to wet his chalk too. i do it everynow and then and it does seam to go on smoother and work better.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I knew there was a reason why that most of the good players don't use a pocket chalker but I couldn't figure out why until now. They are simply worried that it might rain on them & ruin their chalk (Master). Now if I could just come up for the answer on why don't use a billiard glove, my mind would be at ease.

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An older player I know always carries his own chalk to the pool hall. I asked him once why he brought his own, and he said "noone can spit in it if it's in my pocket." Apparently he was concerned about the possibility of someone spitting in the chalk (or wetting it some other way presumably) to make it less effective. To this day, I have not met anyone else who thinks about this, so I don't know if it's a valid concern or not. I personally carry my own chalk now just in case I end up somewhere that doesn't have Master's.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
I quit using my pocket-chalker. I used to forget about it in my back pocket, and then go to the ladies room.......you figure it out!:eek:

Lisa

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
I lost my chalk holder a year ago, since then I've just kept them in my pocket. :confused: I'm glad I don't have a wife to nag me about why my pockets are always blue around the outside.

:p

Jross

Registered
I used to play in a bar-room sometimes with a guy who would literally lick the tip of his house cue, funny to bring back that memory. lol.