SVB Softening Up?

chambalero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its my first time to start an SVB thread and I have been wondering why he decided not to attend the MP WPC 10 ball tournament. Maybe because he knows his chances of winning it is close to nil? That he has better chances in the USBT? I know someone said he had prior commitments but if he really wants to, he can go whereever he desires to. Discuss. :grin-square:

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MP tournament was announced late, and held at the same time as the USBTC, I guess Shane had already committed to it. Shane has a record of competing worldwide. I don't think he is ducking anyone.

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
Nice troll question.

I was really thinking the same thing. My guess is that it just came down to logistics. Shane may have had other things going on and didn't have the time to get things ready to head to PI as far as VISA and other things. Not really sure how all of that works.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Its my first time to start an SVB thread and I have been wondering why he decided not to attend the MP WPC 10 ball tournament. Maybe because he knows his chances of winning it is close to nil? That he has better chances in the USBT? I know someone said he had prior commitments but if he really wants to, he can go whereever he desires to. Discuss. :grin-square:

Yeah, Shane is getting soft. I suggest you get in the box with him. On the off-chance he doesn't duck you it should make for a nice pay day.

The guy is the defending champ in two events I believe and is honoring a commitment to defend. Honor and commitment...look them up. I commend him for it.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could CSI be one of Shane's sponsors???

Hmmm, if they are would that make a difference?

Well goddamn Steve, youre screwing things up by giving a reality based answer. You just deprived a group of guys who gossip worse than women their entertainment. :eek::grin:
Chuck

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
If Shane felt his ev at the tournament minus his expenses will be higher for the USBTC
then the WC 10-ball (which it may very well be because his expenses will be way lower)
then it would simply make sense to go to the USBTC.

Sounds like smart thinking. Prestige and such is nice but it don't pay the bills.
Most likely however he had simply allready commited to the USBTC and kept his word.

gr. Dave

Last edited:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wll maybe

I don't think any one really scares him on a pool table and staying home or flying to Pinoy Land is a no brainer to me. I think he makes a pretty decent living for a pro pool player and he really has nothing to prove on a pool table. With the multitude of talented players out there, no one can dominate every tournament. Some, including me, appreciate his skill and talent and some never will.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
PI requires no visa..I'm pretty sure he has a valid passport.

I think he is headed to the NE so I can take him DOWN now that he has softed up..

:thumbup:

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I understand there are blind SVB lovers and haters and if someone falls into these categories there's really nothing to say to them. Enjoy the fun that can come with these type of threads.

But, I will help you out with this question (in bold). You see, when a man, not a "I have fuzzy on my winky" man, a real grown ass man says to someone that they will do something, they do it. Real Men come in all ages, some get there when they're 18 to 21 and others not til they're 50 or 60. So real men don't bother questioning another mans integrity cause our opinion of him or what his choices are, is irrelevant. He's going to do what he said he was going to do. It doesn't matter if we think it's right or wrong and quite honestly, it doesn't matter if he thinks he'd rather be somewhere else, he's going to keep his word.

Men, Real Men, honor their word.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
SVB has gone wobbly.

I sent him an email, challenging him to 10-ball, race to 11, winner breaks for $100.

No reply. He must have heard about my Ram Shot.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Shane felt his ev at the tournament minus his expenses will be higher for the USBTC
then the WC 10-ball (which it may very well be because his expenses will be way lower)
then it would simply make sense to go to the USBTC.

Sounds like smart thinking. Prestige and such is nice but it don't pay the bills.
Most likely however he had simply allready commited to the USBTC and kept his word.

gr. Dave

He was easily the favorite in the USBTC might not be a top 5 pic at the WC 10 ball

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has proved repeatedly that he can beat anybody in the world in big matches and tournaments. I've never been his biggest fan, but people have to face the facts- he is one of the best players in the world- he actually might be THE best.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Ironically, a Filipino has eliminated Shane in the USBTC 10 Ball event.

And Ignacio is in the finals! He really is cashing in alot since his trip to the US started.

Geronimo finished 3rd.

Last edited: