Rocket for Mosconi?

runninracks

StrokeAholic
Playing great, I think he'd get along with everyone. What say ye?

Rocket would not be a bad choice at all. Along with Corey, you would have two former Mosconi Cup MVP's on the team. He also seems to play well with SVB in doubles. We seem to always want to go with the hot hand but Mosconi cup play presents a different type of pressure where experience does play a huge factor.

Its too bad that Rodney is not available for the Mosconi Cup this year as he has other family events that he is committed to:shrug:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ummm...we had youngsters last year...they did awesome. (Insert dripping sarcastic look here). Besides, you do know Corey's been on the team 8 times, right? Can you call him a "young gun"?

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought you meant Ronnie O'Sullivan and got quite excited!

I know he's dabbled before, but it would be great to see if he ever gave 9-Ball a serious go!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
We need a mixture. Nothing wrong with some young players but all young players and its a $hit show. I cannot believe how badly we got roasted last time. I would like to see Rodney on the team along with Bergman. You have all these young guns along with Shane the best we have to offer. Rodney has the positive energy to bring to the team and seasoning in the Mosconi Cup.

He is entertaining and a great guy, hope he makes the cut. He has been doing well in many events this year winning High Desert Shootout 8 and 10 ball and the Chinook Winds Open 10 ball and top 16 at the US Open. He handles high pressure very well and when he is playing on the big stage you would think he is playing for $5 with how cool he is. Rocket has my vote! :thumbup:

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney cannot go to the Mosconi Cup as stated once in this thread as well as others so it doesn't matter.

nplum24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney's last apperance at the Mosconi was far from classy! I love the Mosconi and want to see our best USA players put in! With that being said, I also don't want to attend an event where as a USA fan I embarrassed by the sportmanship of our players. Swearing and whinning on camera is not in are best interest, neither for USA fans or for the team moral. Playing in the Mosconi is not a right for the best player.....it is a priveledge and an honor! USA PROUD!!!!!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney's last apperance at the Mosconi was far from classy! I love the Mosconi and want to see our best USA players put in! With that being said, I also don't want to attend an event where as a USA fan I embarrassed by the sportmanship of our players. Swearing and whinning on camera is not in are best interest, neither for USA fans or for the team moral. Playing in the Mosconi is not a right for the best player.....it is a priveledge and an honor! USA PROUD!!!!!

Agree. Rodney is a crybaby. No thanks.

The team of Shane, Mike, Justin, Corey, Skylar, is the best USA can do, IMO. And this particular year, the points for all 5 of these align. I think its a great coincidence.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Agree. Rodney is a crybaby. No thanks.

The team of Shane, Mike, Justin, Corey, Skylar, is the best USA can do, IMO. And this particular year, the points for all 5 of these align. I think its a great coincidence.

I really like the fact that Corey is on the team....
....we gonna see some shots nobody has seen before.....again.

When you trap Corey, he thinks it's interesting...:eek:

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the fact that Corey is on the team....
....we gonna see some shots nobody has seen before.....again.

When you trap Corey, he thinks it's interesting...:eek:

and when you give him a hanger, he misses :thumbup:

Corey's a phenomenal player but even he admits that he misses the easiest shots from time to time. Certainly more often than other pros I've seen.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need a mixture. Nothing wrong with some young players but all young players and its a $hit show. I cannot believe how badly we got roasted last time. I would like to see Rodney on the team along with Bergman. You have all these young guns along with Shane the best we have to offer. Rodney has the positive energy to bring to the team and seasoning in the Mosconi Cup.

He is entertaining and a great guy, hope he makes the cut. He has been doing well in many events this year winning High Desert Shootout 8 and 10 ball and the Chinook Winds Open 10 ball and top 16 at the US Open. He handles high pressure very well and when he is playing on the big stage you would think he is playing for $5 with how cool he is. Rocket has my vote! :thumbup:

Totally agree Lenny!! My vote is in for Rodney!! He always plays super strong and he vibrates with a winning spirit! Experience means a lot and he handles pressure very well!!