Gold Crown paint codes - all 4 colors

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are all 4 paint codes from SW for the original gold crown colors. gold, white, blue and tangerine. These were color matched from high quality samples off original tables or wall racks. The blue, gold and white are what I would consider perfect matches. They are undetectable even when painting over the original.

After 2 different SW stores, they could not get the tangerine 100% match. It is very good, but it would be slightly noticeable it you painted on top of an original.

Attachments

• 20190227_141907 (Medium).jpg
    20190227_141907 (Medium).jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,160
  • 20190227_142001 (Medium).jpg
    20190227_142001 (Medium).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,095
  • 20190227_144342 (Medium).jpg
    20190227_144342 (Medium).jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,117

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gold, white and blue

Attachments

• 20190227_150703 (Medium).jpg
    20190227_150703 (Medium).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,096
  • 20190227_150715 (Medium).jpg
    20190227_150715 (Medium).jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,079
  • 20190227_150652 (Medium).jpg
    20190227_150652 (Medium).jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 1,072

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I have a GC1 and next time I replace the cloth I’m going to do some rehab.
The 40 years that table spent at Willowbrook Bowl were tough years. But it plays great.
I love my Gold Crown.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Thank you, xianmacx!

My next recloth, I'm going to do some restoration work to my CG1. It's blue right now, but I'm thinking about changing to the tangerine.

Doing some research on that color, and I found a CG1 on eBay right now that is tangerine. It appears your color match from SW is one shade darker, from what I've seen in person and online. It's tough to tell from pictures, and everyone's monitor/screen is different; but, I'd like your opinion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brunswick-...rentrq:67c0390c16c0a4b7fc75d088ffdba3f5|iid:1

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, xianmacx!

My next recloth, I'm going to do some restoration work to my CG1. It's blue right now, but I'm thinking about changing to the tangerine.

Doing some research on that color, and I found a CG1 on eBay right now that is tangerine. It appears your color match from SW is one shade darker, from what I've seen in person and online. It's tough to tell from pictures, and everyone's monitor/screen is different; but, I'd like your opinion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brunswick-...rentrq:67c0390c16c0a4b7fc75d088ffdba3f5|iid:1

As you mention...camera, lights, monitor, picture angle, glare all impact a comparison from 2 pictures. In the ebay link the table looks different color than the wall rack. I would put very little value in a picture.

If you look at my side by side on the tangerine, its a cut out of an original wall rack, so its true representation. Sherwin williams matched the color as close as possible. If you used it as touch up paint on an original it would be slightly noticeable IMO. If you painted a table with the paint sample and sat it side by side with an original, I feel they would be undetectable.

SW mentioned deep oranges are some of the toughest to match.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look at the dried blue on the can, it looks very dark. Thats the actual can of blue paint I used to paint the 4 color stripes.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Stain Colors for Gold Crowns?

Nice work.

Does anyone here know the codes for the wood stains?

MKEDon

Registered
Thanks for doing the legwork on these!! Just used the white on my table legs and it looks amazing. Still deciding on a skirt color but these will help immensely when the time comes.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for doing the legwork on these!! Just used the white on my table legs and it looks amazing. Still deciding on a skirt color but these will help immensely when the time comes.

What base was used for your mix? Was it Duration?

Kinas

Does anyone know a color match or code for the classic white color. Just curious too if anyone has seen the legs in classic white instead of the regular white. I have two legs, under the stretcher mount area, that are the gray/classic white color. But rest of legs were repainted with house paint white.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know a color match or code for the classic white color. Just curious too if anyone has seen the legs in classic white instead of the regular white. I have two legs, under the stretcher mount area, that are the gray/classic white color. But rest of legs were repainted with house paint white.
The white posted above is a match to what Brunswick used on the GCI's. There were not multiple shades of white.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would be cool is to set up a room with one of each of the GC1’s in mint condition. Thinking about it’s whole room full of tables. A proper table collection is a cool idea.

Best
Fatboy 😀
My buddy (@pocket) and I bought a couple of Gold Crown I's out of a local bowling alley and restored them at the same time. I painted mine Blue, he went with Tangerine.

49684152283_5578bd195a_h.jpg