payball footage

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It's played like rotation. 1,5,10,15 balls are money balls or ways plus total points from numbers on balls you pocket(you need 61 points or more for a way). There are 5 ways total. Rack 15 balls...1-ball is head-ball...2 & 3 ball on back two ends. Put the 5,10, and 15 in middle of rack.

Let's say your playing for $1 a way to make it easy. I sink the 1,5, and 10...you sink the 15 and 61 total ways. You owe me 1 way ($1).

If you play partners and I sink the 1-ball and you sink the 5-ball we become partners. If I sink the 1 and 5 then the 10-ball becomes the partner ball. There are other ways to play the game in different parts of the country...but I hope this gives you an idea. It's a great game to pass the time. Johnnyt

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
It's played like rotation. 1,5,10,15 balls are money balls or ways plus total points from numbers on balls you pocket(you need 61 points or more for a way). There are 5 ways total. Rack 15 balls...1-ball is head-ball...2 & 3 ball on back two ends. Put the 5,10, and 15 in middle of rack.

Let's say your playing for $1 a way to make it easy. I sink the 1,5, and 10...you sink the 15 and 61 total ways. You owe me 1 way ($1).

If you play partners and I sink the 1-ball and you sink the 5-ball we become partners. If I sink the 1 and 5 then the 10-ball becomes the partner ball. There are other ways to play the game in different parts of the country...but I hope this gives you an idea. It's a great game to pass the time. Johnnyt

Not the pay-ball I know, Johnny. It's a ring game, you get paid X for every ball you make and Y if you run the rack. There used to be some great $20 and $40 pay-ball games in the Greenway in Baton Rouge.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
hemicudas said:
Not the pay-ball I know, Johnny. It's a ring game, you get paid X for every ball you make and Y if you run the rack. There used to be some great $20 and $40 pay-ball games in the Greenway in Baton Rouge.

LMAO. Sorry I was thinking of what we call money ball in New York. The pay/money confused me...it don't take much now a days. Johnnyt

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
penguin said:
How do you play payball?

The way it was explained to me, played with the just the colored Snooker balls or regular pool balls 1-6. The game is played on a Snooker table. So much for each ball and double for a runout. I've never heard of it being played for less than $20 a ball. Used to hear of this being played a lot at Hard Times. I think it was cuemaker Bill Stroud who explained the game to me.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pushout said:
The way it was explained to me, played with the just the colored Snooker balls or regular pool balls 1-6. The game is played on a Snooker table. So much for each ball and double for a runout. I've never heard of it being played for less than $20 a ball. Used to hear of this being played a lot at Hard Times. I think it was cuemaker Bill Stroud who explained the game to me.

Bill should know how to play the game, he used to play it and all games JAM-UP.

We used to play the game for $1 and $2 when we were kids on a 5X10 snooker table in Jackson. It can be played for any amount.