Murnak Cases.. Do they hold up well?

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
Hey guys,

I have posted here before about nice leather cases and I'm ready to finally get one. I "think" I've decided on a 2x4 Standard Murnak. I've looked at all the top tier case makers IMO that's Justis, Barton, Murnak, Thomas, Porper (leather) But the Murnak just seems to be what I like..not sure why exactly since all of these guys make really great stuff.

Anyway... I would like to hear from some folks that actually carry one! I play at least 3 or 4 days a week so it would get a lot of use. How do they hold up? Does he offer any kind of limited warranty?

Anyone got a nice 2x4? brownish????

TIA

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I have a 3x6 Murnak. One of his first cases. I also have a Justis case. Both very nice and both hold up EXTREMELY well. I got to admit, I am a bit partial to the Murnak, although it is a bit heavy.

mars

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a 2x4 vintage for a year playing every day. holding up great. not a mark on it. still has luster finish, shape. i love it.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I also have a Murnak case and I love it. He is using new tubes which are much lighter now. The case is built like a tank and I cant imagine any problems for quite some time. Jim is also a super nice guy and if you have any problems, Im sure he would have no problem fixing the problem.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
You will get answers

Several AZB'rs have Murnak's cases, most have the Vintage style with the unique pockets on it. You might really give a lot of thought whether you want a 2 x 4 (separate jump butt pocket) or a 3 x 5/6. As much as they run, you wouldn't really have to buy it twice, would you?

Do you trade/buy cues at big tournaments or trade shows?
Will you ever carry 2 playing cues, break/jump cue with multiple shafts?

I have a 3 x 5 case (perfect size for me), but only using 2 x 3 right now, but I just prefer to have a little extra space, rather than not having enough space.

And Jim offers a wheel option for the cases now, which is a nice feature for a custom maker. 2 wheels, I think is $25 extra (shows on website).

If you are going to use JP's, you have to tell him upfront, or longer shafts.

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
I think you might find a lot of Murnak snobs here. I have owned both and find that the Whitten is an excellent case as well, just not a lot of choice in custom fancy tooling. I prefer the slimmer styling of the 2x4 Whitten for everyday carrying and the spring loaded tubes makes it easy to get shafts up and out. But Whitten styling and the zippr top doesn't seem to be attracting as many second looks as the Murnaks. just my lonely opinion.