$1,000 Arizona State One Pocket - DCT State Championship 2014

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$1,000 Added Desert Classic Stop #2. Arizona State 1P Championship being held at Kolby's in Tempe, AZ. on Saturday and Sunday, April 5-6th with sign ups starting at 11AM and the DRAW at Noon. Match play starts immediately following.

Players from past events include Scott Frost, Jose Parica, Rich (1P Rick) Grenier, Mitch Ellerman, Bernie Pettipiece, Gus Briseno, Bobby Emmons, Fast Lenny Marshall and many other high level players. Maybe we can even get the infamous Hall of Famer San Jose Dick to join us in the commentators booth if we provide enough Yukon Jack.

Entry fees are staggered as follows: A+ Players $70, A Players $50, B Players $35 and C Players $25. Race to 3 games by all players as this is a true State Championship thus game handicaps are not implemented. One time $50 Tour fee which covers 6 events plus the Finale or a one time $15 Event fee needed to enter.

Come on down and join us at Kolby's just east of Rural Rd/Universtity Blvd or on the live stream at www.desertclassictour.com beginning at Noon on Saturday. Kolbys has great food, beer and wine and some of the best action in the State of Arizona.

Last edited:

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bumping it to the top.

Come on out this Saturday and Sunday for the second stop of the Desert Classic Tour. Players likely to be on hand are Scott Frost, Mitch Ellerman, Bernie Pettipiece, Bobby Emmons, Gus Briseno, Tres Kane, Fast Lenny Marshall, Rudy Alameda, Chris Paradowski, Tom Neil and many more.

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
You forgot to mention one of the best...George Teyechea. George was runner-up in the first-ever AZ State One-Pocket Championship held years ago at Tommy's Billiards in Mesa. George is a very good all-around player, but he's a beast in one pocket! I'm sure George will be there. :D

Roger

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You forgot to mention one of the best...George Teyechea. George was runner-up in the first-ever AZ State One-Pocket Championship held years ago at Tommy's Billiards in Mesa. George is a very good all-around player, but he's a beast in one pocket! I'm sure George will be there. :D

Roger

Roger, that was 20 years ago and I still remember the last game in the finals against Jimmy Joe Langston. It was probably the best break anyone laid down on me but the best game I ever played yet losing it on the last ball.

Thanks for the plug and compliments but the "beast" no longer roars, more like a meow.

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More players to attend.

Just heard from a couple more players from Tucson making the trip to Kolbys. Angel Martinez, Chris Paradowski, Andy Kachur, Korcel Price, Joe Watson, Mike Traher and Rudy Alameda will be making the trip up. This should bring the Tucson contingent to about 12.

Let's make this the biggest tournament of the year!

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more day until take off!

Kolby's in Tempe, AZ. Just east of Rural Road and University.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that the year he made a 2 long rail bank out of your pocket to win?
I wish I could be there this weekend , I really miss all my friends from there.

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is that the year he made a 2 long rail bank out of your pocket to win?
I wish I could be there this weekend , I really miss all my friends from there.

No, we were down to the last ball for sometime and I scratched leaving the ball in my jaws. Jimmy made the spot shot for the win while I cried.