1 piece Slate Availability! I wonder how manufacturers are dealing with this??

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I just learned from another post in here that 9' Predator tables are 1 piece slate!

Now that Brunswick is now making a 1 piece slate table, 7' size.

I think I know who has priority in the slate buying business: Brunswick

I wonder how Predator is getting one piece slate, since DIamond is the only one that WAS using them.

I am very excited for the future of Pool !!

Having 4 Commercial table manufacturers is definitely showing the industry is growing!

TFT
e4add54004065c861d470a812b8bef1a3fad9b09-1.jpg
01717_2SylruCqnXUz_0x20dh_1200x900.jpg
Table-Desktop-Banner.jpg

TrxR

I just learned from another post in here that 9' Predator tables are 1 piece slate!

I wonder how Predator is getting one piece slate, since DIamond is the only one that WAS using them.

Having 4 Commercial table manufacturers is definitely showing the industry is growing!

TFTView attachment 631350View attachment 631352View attachment 631353
The Predator tables they are using for the US pool tour are 1 piece but 1 piece will only be available by special order and on until next year from what I've heard. They will also be offering a ball return model possibly

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getting 1pc slates shouldn't be any big deal. You've got quarries in Italy, Brazil, China. All are capable of providing them. Seems like shipping them is probably a pia but if the end-user is willing to pay for it so be it.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
1 piece slates are readily available from the overseas slate producers, and the cost is no more than their 3pc counterparts.
I spoke with one of the VP's of the major manufacturers(I won't tell which one!!) and he made it VERY VERY CLEAR to me that it aint easy to quarry for the larger pieces. In fact, he went into so much detail that I felt like I should be getting a discount for 3 piece slate... Getting containers off the ships is another problem entirely! Talking with him about it actually made me feel sick , FOR HIM....

TFT

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke with one of the VP's of the major manufacturers(I won't tell which one!!) and he made it VERY VERY CLEAR to me that it aint easy to quarry for the larger pieces. In fact, he went into so much detail that I felt like I should be getting a discount for 3 piece slate... Getting containers off the ships is another problem entirely! Talking with him about it actually made me feel sick , FOR HIM....

TFT
Interesting. I always thought the entire piece (1) was cut, honed, finish cut and drilled then cut into thirds.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Interesting. I always thought the entire piece (1) was cut, honed, finish cut and drilled then cut into thirds.
I though the same exact process was standard. I was shocked to find out that on my first factory Diamond 7ft purchase, the slates were 3 different colors and my customer was pissed. I took them back to Diamond and found out the hard way that none of them are matched sets like that. I think the ability to get slate, will determine some details over time! :)

TFT

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All coin operated pool tables are traditionally built with 1 piece slates, and have been since the beginning of their manufacturing, no matter who built them. Brunswick don't build their coin operated pool tables, hope you're aware of that, Global Billiards builds them, with the same slates they've put in their tables for over 50 years now. The FIRST table manufacturer to ever offer a 1 piece, full size 57×107×1" 9ft slate was Diamond, starting in January 2001. The ONLY other manufacturer that has even attempted to produce the same size 1 piece 9ft slate is Sams Billiards under the Predator name, and not with much success I'll add as well. The biggest deterant to the one piece slate market is the handling of the tables assembled, Diamond has spent the last 22 years building its distribution network, Predator hasn't spent 5 minutes figuring it out, which explains why they ended up with the broken slates on their tournament tables.

No one has to believe me if they don't want to, but I guarantee ALL OF YOU, the 1 piece, oversized slates mounted in the tables, shipped, delivered, then set up is NOT something that is going to be a trend!!! NOT without establishing a distribution network willing to support the delivery of those 1 piece slates.

All you have to do is call a 100 billiards businesses listed in this industry, avoid the ones that deal with Diamonds already, tell them you have a 9ft Diamond ProAm with a 1 piece slate and you want it moved! You'll get a 100 "no, we don't move them" answers! So on that basis alone, WHO'S going to be supporting this so called trend change in pool tables?????

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Getting 1pc slates shouldn't be any big deal. You've got quarries in Italy, Brazil, China. All are capable of providing them. Seems like shipping them is probably a pia but if the end-user is willing to pay for it so be it.
99% of all pool table slate today is produced in Brazil. Italy no longer produces, and China's slates are so brittle they break to easy.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
99% of all pool table slate today is produced in Brazil. Italy no longer produces, and China's slates are so brittle they break to easy.
I thought Rasson was a huge supplier. They wouldn't stay in business selling bad stuff. Doesn't B'wick source slate from China now? Just asking.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

When shipping 9ft 1 piece slates from Brazil, the container only holds 72 slates, shipping for that container was $4500, its now $18,000! So WHO do you really see jumping on the 9ft 1 piece slate trend to challenge Diamond???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I thought Rasson was a huge supplier. They wouldn't stay in business selling bad stuff. Doesn't B'wick source slate from China now? Just asking.
Only for their cheapest tables, and even thats questionable with today's politics between China and the US.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Rasson owns a few slate quarters in Brazil, and was a slate manufacturer before they ever built a pool table, and they still are today.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Rasson is a huge supplier in china. Brunswick has the best slate I work with, Period. Pretty sure that I dont care where it comes from either :) My entire 9.5 years, never had the problems with their slate. DIamond3 piece slate sets are GARBAGE> cupped, crowned and one side flared, that is a typical set from them... GARBAGE SLATE. Having to spend all that extra time seaming, installing/ bending garbage slate is BEHIND me. I only sell Diamonds to commercial operations now, one piece slate tables, period.

I know a specific person will contest every single word I said. the problem with people like him is this: no ones opinion matters, besides his. :)

Opinions are great, they are yours, but, they do not become fact because words came out of their mouth.

Facts are great, they are how I base my opinions.

TFT

p.s. I know I dont know shit, but, I do know how to do what I DO and people like my business. BLESSED
p.s.s. Rassons slate has been great for me any time I have installed it. :)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Rasson is a huge supplier in china. Brunswick has the best slate I work with, Period. Pretty sure that I dont care where it comes from either :) My entire 9.5 years, never had the problems with their slate. DIamond3 piece slate sets are GARBAGE> cupped, crowned and one side flared, that is a typical set from them... GARBAGE SLATE. Having to spend all that extra time seaming, installing/ bending garbage slate is BEHIND me. I only sell Diamonds to commercial operations now, one piece slate tables, period.

I know a specific person will contest every single word I said. the problem with people like him is this: no ones opinion matters, besides his. :)

Opinions are great, they are yours, but, they do not become fact because words came out of their mouth.

TFT

p.s. I know I dont know shit, but, I do know how to do what I DO and people like my business. BLESSED
You're entitled to your opinion, but thats all it is, your opinion. Let's see how your predictions come out with more and more table manufacturers producing oversized 1 piece slates. Hey, maybe Rasson will😅🤣😂

realkingcobra

Silver Member

TFT

Brunswick built 1 piece slate 7 & 8ft coin operated pool tables going back the early 60's, guess you wasn't aware of that. Valley, Dynamo, Global, Great American, Eagle, Baker, ATI, Delta, Lola, United, USB, American, Fisher....ALL had 1 piece slates, guess you wasn't aware of that either.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Valley and Dynamo BOTH produced 1 piece slate 9 FOOTS! Guess you wasn't aware of that, so you opinion means what again?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

TFT

I was right!
Brunswick_Authentic_logo.png