10 Best Billiard Clubs in EUROPE - by Billiard Network

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't travel to Europe if it was free but that's just me. Do have some nice spots. The IDM club in Romania is off-the-charts..

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't travel to Europe if it was free but that's just me. Do have some nice spots. The IDM club in Romania is off-the-charts..

Have you ever been?

It is pretty damn awesome.

I'd love to move to Berlin, Rome, amsterdam...Helsinki if they had some damn sun in the winter.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever been?

It is pretty damn awesome.

I'd love to move to Berlin, Rome, amsterdam...Helsinki if they had some damn sun in the winter.
Never been and have zero desire to go. Might go to Ireland/Scotland but wouldn't go to Europe for any reason.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed watching this video, particularly the known players giving a tour of their home rooms. It’s quite obvious Gold Crown and Diamond tables are the gold standard, even in the nicest of Poolroom’s over there.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never been and have zero desire to go. Might go to Ireland/Scotland but wouldn't go to Europe for any reason.

I haven't been but all of my kids get to,go over during the summers to stay with my brother in Mallorca. One kid loved it so much he went to college in London and absolutely loved it. I can understand in this new world coved BS not wanting to travel but when it's over I look forward to finally going. My son went to a private snooker club that he said was packed with people gambling and tons of hot women. Both good things.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't been but all of my kids get to,go over during the summers to stay with my brother in Mallorca. One kid loved it so much he went to college in London and absolutely loved it. I can understand in this new world coved BS not wanting to travel but when it's over I look forward to finally going. My son went to a private snooker club that he said was packed with people gambling and tons of hot women. Both good things.
How did he get in if it was private?

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did he get in if it was private?

One of his flat mates was a member. Either his dad or his uncle was a member, I can’t remember which. They had a nice dinner there too. This kid is just lucky that way. The two of them walked into Saint Andrews and casually asked if they can play nine holes. Everyone around laughed. Mostly because the waiting list is years long and they were in flip flops just hoping to buy something from the pro shop. Everyone laughed until the house pro said they just had a cancellation and can they be ready to tee off in 30 minutes. He got lucky again because when he woke up his mom to say he had to buy some new golf shoes, rent some clubs and buy balls I happen to be in town and overheard him. While he mother said why would you waste that money (he’s about a 30 handicap while his roommate is a 5) I gave him the green light as long as he got me a hat. My wife still doesn’t understand and never will.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of his flat mates was a member. Either his dad or his uncle was a member, I can’t remember which. They had a nice dinner there too. This kid is just lucky that way. The two of them walked into Saint Andrews and casually asked if they can play nine holes. Everyone around laughed. Mostly because the waiting list is years long and they were in flip flops just hoping to buy something from the pro shop. Everyone laughed until the house pro said they just had a cancellation and can they be ready to tee off in 30 minutes. He got lucky again because when he woke up his mom to say he had to buy some new golf shoes, rent some clubs and buy balls I happen to be in town and overheard him. While he mother said why would you waste that money (he’s about a 30 handicap while his roommate is a 5) I gave him the green light as long as he got me a hat. My wife still doesn’t understand and never will.
Wouldn’t it be awesome if our game (pool) was popular enough that we had private billiard room in the US in some of the larger markets? I’m sure there are still some, but not nearly as many as there used to be.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn’t it be awesome if our game (pool) was popular enough that we had private billiard room in the US in some of the larger markets? I’m sure there are still some, but not nearly as many as there used to be.

ironically, there's a *snooker* club here in seattle that is public, but offers a private membership :p

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Was the club called the King’s Cross?....now called the Hurricane Room
Been there many times

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we have private club here in Oulu, Finland too. I have not seen hot women there yet.. :grin-square:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amsterdam (D)open - Coming Again!

Only one pool tournament in the World has a doping policy that every participant is required to be under the influence of marijuana: The Amsterdam (D)open.

Since the 80�s, pool billiards in Amsterdam has developed in its famous �coffee shops� where a typical Amsterdam-style of pool has emerged. Since a couple of years the official circuit of organized pool is under the scrutiny of the official Olympic list of forbidden substances. Although Marijuana is in no way helpful for human concentration or endurance it still is listed as a officially forbidden substance. As a tribute to the roots of the sport Club 8 organizes the annual Amsterdam (D)open 8-ball tournament which this year will take place the 26th of November, 2010.

Every contender is free to put their chosen nickname on the participants list but is required to smoke, vaporize or eat their dose of marijuana so that every match is a fair game. Since the Amsterdam (D)open does not take itself seriously we hope that players also don�t and play for the enjoyable experience and the fun of the game as much as for the winning.

As every year all the participants receive a goody bag with the necessary paraphernalia and all the entrance fees will return as prize money to the best 8 players of the event.

In the spirit of the event no results and photo�s will be released of the participants afterwards, so one just has to be there to experience legendary players perform with small eyes with an amazing amount of skill considering their intake.

2010AmsterdamdDpenPoster1000.jpg

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was the club called the King’s Cross?....now called the Hurricane Room
Been there many times

I’m not sure. I’ve sent him a text asking but haven’t heard back. I’m on a fishing trip and we’re leaving tomorrow morning around 4:30 so I may not hear tonight before I go to bed. Hopefully he answers because I’m curious now.