14.1 Scorer app - new versions

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We've released new versions of the 14.1 Scorer to the Apple (iOS) and Google (Android) app stores. The new versions include various usability improvements and some bug fixes.

The 14.1 Scorer is a full featured scoring app that's very easy to use and provides a comprehensive set of match statistics. Your completed matches are stored in it's history for easy review and emailing to yourself or your opponent. It works on both iOS and Android mobile devices and best of all it's absolutely FREE.

Just search '14.1 Scorer' in the app stores to install your free copy.

Good shooting,
Mosens LLC

FB post 1200x630.png

djl

This is a handy app, I appreciate the work on it! Any possibility of adding more than two players? The group I commonly play with ends up with 3 players and rather than having anyone sit we'll all play.

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a handy app, I appreciate the work on it! Any possibility of adding more than two players? The group I commonly play with ends up with 3 players and rather than having anyone sit we'll all play.
Don't have plans for a three player version at this time.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, I've never even heard of three-player straight pool in my 57 years around the game. Defense, it would seem, would be pointless.

That said, if you and your friends enjoy it, that's really all that matters.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, I've never even heard of three-player straight pool in my 57 years around the game. Defense, it would seem, would be pointless. ...
One possibility to maintain some concept of safety play would be Scotch semi-doubles -- two players on one side, one on the other. Switch around each game.

djl

Wow, I've never even heard of three-player straight pool in my 57 years around the game. Defense, it would seem, would be pointless.

That said, if you and your friends enjoy it, that's really all that matters.

Yeah, we're an odd bunch. There is a table at the office and for the most part just shoot for some laughs and a break from work. A few of us have played in leagues, but most haven't.

One possibility to maintain some concept of safety play would be Scotch semi-doubles -- two players on one side, one on the other. Switch around each game.

I like this idea. Most of the folks I shoot with think 'defense' is a four letter word. I don't fall in that camp; I enjoy a good defensive game.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used the app a number of times in the last few years and the only difficulty I've had with it is that unlike other forms of 14.1 scoring, you must remember to record every finished turn even when the score doesn't change. I imagine you'd be sacrificing some of the stats if you only recorded score changes, but I'd like that option.

Hard Knock Cues

Yeah, we're an odd bunch. There is a table at the office and for the most part just shoot for some laughs and a break from work. A few of us have played in leagues, but most haven't.

I like this idea. Most of the folks I shoot with think 'defense' is a four letter word. I don't fall in that camp; I enjoy a good defensive game.
We often have an odd number of guys and tend to play two against one. But sometimes we want to play three singles so we can catch some rhythm. We just don't allow defensive shots (safety's). You always have to try to make something, so the guy that's after the best safety player doesn't get screwed every time. Plus gives you the opportunity to try some harder shots.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you for this -- I just started using it and suggesting it for a new local straight pool league I am running. And it appears you just in the last week or so did a small but VERY significant upgrade in the pdf export so it is nice and readable and printable now!

I recommend this app

It is unusual to have a well functioning app that is both free and without ads. Thanks again!!!

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you for this -- I just started using it and suggesting it for a new local straight pool league I am running. And it appears you just in the last week or so did a small but VERY significant upgrade in the pdf export so it is nice and readable and printable now!

I recommend this app

It is unusual to have a well functioning app that is both free and without ads. Thanks again!!!
I spoke to soon about the readable pdf exports. They are totally fine when exported from Android, but for some reason the I-Phone PDF exports are a weird barely visible font -- impossible to read if printed, and barely readable on screen. Not being a programmer I just have to scratch my head thinking someone actually made it that way on purpose lol.

Anyway, the local 14.1 league I am running, with 15 players, I am trying to get them all to use it. Of course, it's pool players, so it is like herding cats!

But this is otherwise a totally wonderful scoring app -- pretty easy to use and FREE, including NO ADs, so really free.

I would be willing to donate to clean up the IOS export so it is just some kind of normal black font like the Android exports.

THANK YOU!!!

Other very minor tweaks I would like:
1. Default to the match name (league name) for every new match once you enter a league title
2. Default to the user's name for the the first name in the app every new match

THANK YOU AGAIN!!