15 Ball Rotation Break and Run #2, No Cigar

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Here's another attempt at running a full rack of Rotation from the break. My table is very tight and fast, making this a difficult proposition.

Although I have accomplished this a number of times, this time I didn't but I like the way I went through this particular rack. Finally the tight pockets and nerves got to me. (Turn on the sound for commentary).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WyyuWFt4Zo

Chris

Just wanted to add my break improved a lot thanks to Colin Colenso's tips and the Extreme Breaker cue.
 
Last edited:
TATE said:
Just wanted to add my break improved a lot thanks to Colin Colenso's tips and the Extreme Breaker cue.

Chris,

I am planning on including a few instruction videos on the break from some pro players on my web site, they should be ready after the Derby. I hope you will enjoy them.

I really like how you held your cue ball on several shots, I am working on playing those shots consistently myself.

Thank you for sharing.

Happy New Year,
Richard
 
Last edited:
I ran a rack of rotation the other day. But it was on a fairly loose 8 footer and I managed to make 3 balls on the break so it didn't feel very special. hah. I wish I had your table to play on. Nice shooting by the way!! I still liked the reaction on the last one better LOL :D

Eric.A.
 
I rack balls said:
I ran a rack of rotation the other day. But it was on a fairly loose 8 footer and I managed to make 3 balls on the break so it didn't feel very special. hah. I wish I had your table to play on. Nice shooting by the way!! I still liked the reaction on the last one better LOL :D

Eric.A.

I don't know how your table is, but on mine it's really hard to make a ball on the break with a full rack. You would think with all the balls flying all over the place there would be more going in the pockets, but my experience is it's much easier to break balls in with a 9 ball rack.

I like practicing full rack because of the many shots needed, combos, billiards, kiss shots, banks - to say nothing of position and creativity, but it can get maddening too.

This has been great break shot practice.

Chris
 
I used to watch Earl Strickland practice at Break Time in Greensboro (no affiliation with my room in Wilmington). During one session I watched him run three racks of rotation. NOT in a row like some of the old timers remember but in an hour long session. Still a very impressive feat. A pleasure to watch. Tate has some great videos of his play. For those of you who missed it, find his games against the ghost on You Tube. That will give you an idea of his game. He made that rotation rack look easier than it was.

Thanks Tate I appreciate your posts.
 
Back
Top