15 ball speed pool videos?

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this guy is trying to claim he beat the world record in speed pool, with a 52 second score, which is ridiculous, since the world record is 26 seconds set by Dave Pearson. 52 seconds isn't bad, but it's not a great score either, at the highest level.

So I was like, ok this should be easy to disprove.... and after 30 minutes of searching for videos online I can't find one speed pool video that is done on a 9-foot table with all 15 balls, in less than 52 seconds. There just don't seem to be many speed pool videos at all.

I just don't get it. I remember watching Luc Salvas and Dave Pearson in the 2000s on the espn tourmanent international speed pool challenge, and it was a common tv aired thing, yet I found like one or two videos from back then, all with over 1 minute times.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
This used to be something of a speciality of mine on an English pool table. My best time was 42 seconds.

I missed a huge opportunity on one occasion when playing Eight Ball. I broke and pocketed six reds and two yellows, the remaining seven balls lying perfectly for a ridiculously fast clearance had my wits not deserted me. Alas, the opportunity didn’t occur to me at all and I spent the next minute or so laughing with my friends about how the game was going to end in three strokes.

It was a definite world record-breaking opportunity... the security cameras being used to verify the time, perhaps? I’m still sore about it years later

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Try Bobby Mcgrath, he won a couple years speed pool.
So this guy is trying to claim he beat the world record in speed pool, with a 52 second score, which is ridiculous, since the world record is 26 seconds set by Dave Pearson. 52 seconds isn't bad, but it's not a great score either, at the highest level.

So I was like, ok this should be easy to disprove.... and after 30 minutes of searching for videos online I can't find one speed pool video that is done on a 9-foot table with all 15 balls, in less than 52 seconds. There just don't seem to be many speed pool videos at all.

I just don't get it. I remember watching Luc Salvas and Dave Pearson in the 2000s on the espn tourmanent international speed pool challenge, and it was a common tv aired thing, yet I found like one or two videos from back then, all with over 1 minute times.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I wish there were more speed pool tournaments going on. I’ve never seen any 15 ball videos though just the 10 ball tournament that Karl boyes won. It’s awesome stuff

And 52 definitely seems high for a world record that’s like 4 seconds a shot