15 yr. Old Kid Surprise of the Tournament!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Don't forget about the 10 ball it starts tonight n finishes tmrw just like last year. The Calcutta starts I believe at 8 tonight!!! You better believe I'd love nothing more than to sweep this event n win both tournaments!!!!

When you take this thing down, we at AZ would like a full report.
...we need more winners on here.

And see if you can 3-foul a few guys

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still in the 10 ball I've gotten 3 hours of sleep in the last two days and it's 3 n I gotta get up at 730 again to be there for an 830 match. N oh yea no chance at 3 fouling lol because there isn't a 3 foul rule smh the worst rule in the history of 9/10 ball

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Still in the 10 ball I've gotten 3 hours of sleep in the last two days and it's 3 n I gotta get up at 730 again to be there for an 830 match. N oh yea no chance at 3 fouling lol because there isn't a 3 foul rule smh the worst rule in the history of 9/10 ball

To me, the worst rule in 9 or 10-ball is ‘call shot with the option’.

...and you get zero stalemates with the 3-foul rule.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we revive the Russian Kenny thread that interested so many folks 2 years ago? Much popcorn was popped for that one!

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Can we revive the Russian Kenny thread that interested so many folks 2 years ago? Much popcorn was popped for that one!
Speaking of popcorn.......
There was some drama Fri night unfortunately.
I don't know all the details.......... Barry?
Btw I did my usual 2 and out in the 10ball. Glad to help :grin-square:

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd rather not get into the drama especially since I wasn't really a part of it.

As for a report I'll give u the highlights. 64 man amatuer 9 ball valley bartables started Friday around 9/10am. I won all my matches n then lost hill hill in the hot seat match. I played almost perfect up until the hot seat match but def struggled in that match. I still had my chances n was even on the hill running out n rattled a 6 ball. Worst part is it's literally hard to miss balls down the rail on those tables especially bobbling them but for whatever it hung up n it I didn't get out of my chair again until I was shaking his hand. By the way my opponent was a Tim G from northeast philly area. But anyway I'll honestly say I was nervous n the nerves got me In that match I struggled on every single ball. So I eventually played the loser side finals and it was close early but I played better especially late in the match n won so I was in the finals. Mind you it was 3am. I immediately found my opponent who offered a 60/40 chop(true double n 3am) n I gladly accepted. After the 40% with the Calcutta I got 1660 n had 25% of myself in the Calcutta so I walked with almost 1100. I got home n finally to sleep around 4am n had to be back up at 7am. The next day we started the doubles tournament n my partner was Matt krah.(side note Matt was in the pro 10 ball which ran simultaneous with the doubles and Matt beat Earl Strickland to win the hot seat then the pearl double dipped Matt so he got 2nd but a huge congratulations goes out to Matt Krah!!!! Back to the doubles we won our first 3 matches. Our next match were down 3-2 n the other team was dead hooked on the 8 n jumped it n cut it like 90 degrees to go to the hill n it was a great shot but honestly it was 1-100 n basically killed us. We lost that match then the amatuer 10 ball(my next match started as Matt played the finals with Earl. We ultimately lost our next match n I played real bad in that set which finished at 2 am. So we got 5-6 n split 150 n after I bought half us in the Calcutta for 100 I was down for that one. Finally I got home n went to bed by 3ish n again had to be up at 730 for an 830 am 10 ball match. I won my first match the night before and won the next two matches Sunday mourning and lost the fourth round wi nets side around 1pm Sunday. I didn't play my next loser side match til around 630 n since everything was behind schedule(there were other events running) they shortened it to a race to 3. Lol I literally waited like 6 hours n lost my last match to my a buddy from my home room in 15 mins. So I ended up with anoth 5/6 n because of my lack of sleep and a super long couple days I think it's a miracle I even cashed in the 10 ball.

Overall it was a great event for me and even tho I'm not particularly a Barbox guy I love this event and can't wait til next year!!!! By the way it was the millennium pool leagues playoffs I think n the name of the actual overall event is the Delaware county barbox championship or dbbc and it was held at the clarion hotel In tinicum(minutes from sphilly airport)

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd rather not get into the drama especially since I wasn't really a part of it.

As for a report I'll give u the highlights. 64 man amatuer 9 ball valley bartables started Friday around 9/10am. I won all my matches n then lost hill hill in the hot seat match. I played almost perfect up until the hot seat match but def struggled in that match. I still had my chances n was even on the hill running out n rattled a 6 ball. Worst part is it's literally hard to miss balls down the rail on those tables especially bobbling them but for whatever it hung up n it I didn't get out of my chair again until I was shaking his hand. By the way my opponent was a Tim G from northeast philly area. But anyway I'll honestly say I was nervous n the nerves got me In that match I struggled on every single ball. So I eventually played the loser side finals and it was close early but I played better especially late in the match n won so I was in the finals. Mind you it was 3am. I immediately found my opponent who offered a 60/40 chop(true double n 3am) n I gladly accepted. After the 40% with the Calcutta I got 1660 n had 25% of myself in the Calcutta so I walked with almost 1100. I got home n finally to sleep around 4am n had to be back up at 7am. The next day we started the doubles tournament n my partner was Matt krah.(side note Matt was in the pro 10 ball which ran simultaneous with the doubles and Matt beat Earl Strickland to win the hot seat then the pearl double dipped Matt so he got 2nd but a huge congratulations goes out to Matt Krah!!!! Back to the doubles we won our first 3 matches. Our next match were down 3-2 n the other team was dead hooked on the 8 n jumped it n cut it like 90 degrees to go to the hill n it was a great shot but honestly it was 1-100 n basically killed us. We lost that match then the amatuer 10 ball(my next match started as Matt played the finals with Earl. We ultimately lost our next match n I played real bad in that set which finished at 2 am. So we got 5-6 n split 150 n after I bought half us in the Calcutta for 100 I was down for that one. Finally I got home n went to bed by 3ish n again had to be up at 730 for an 830 am 10 ball match. I won my first match the night before and won the next two matches Sunday mourning and lost the fourth round wi nets side around 1pm Sunday. I didn't play my next loser side match til around 630 n since everything was behind schedule(there were other events running) they shortened it to a race to 3. Lol I literally waited like 6 hours n lost my last match to my a buddy from my home room in 15 mins. So I ended up with anoth 5/6 n because of my lack of sleep and a super long couple days I think it's a miracle I even cashed in the 10 ball.

Overall it was a great event for me and even tho I'm not particularly a Barbox guy I love this event and can't wait til next year!!!! By the way it was the millennium pool leagues playoffs I think n the name of the actual overall event is the Delaware county barbox championship or dbbc and it was held at the clarion hotel In tinicum(minutes from sphilly airport)
Lol did I say highlights? Possibly the longest highlighted story ever

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me, the worst rule in 9 or 10-ball is ‘call shot with the option’.

...and you get zero stalemates with the 3-foul rule.

I meant not using 3 foul is the worst decision in history it's part of the game n makes no sense why they do t use it. It's like saying u can't shoot combos or something like its a part of the game and shouldn't ever be left out n I don't understand the reasoning behind not having a 3 foul

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I meant not using 3 foul is the worst decision in history it's part of the game n makes no sense why they do t use it. It's like saying u can't shoot combos or something like its a part of the game and shouldn't ever be left out n I don't understand the reasoning behind not having a 3 foul

It came up in one of the later stream matches. Either Earl vs Tim, or Earl vs Matt, I forget. The balls were tied up funny on the rail, and Earl was hidden from it (off of his opponent's safe). Earl just tapped the CB to give the opponent BIH. They repeated this a few innings. I thought someone was going to call a stalemate, but one of the players finally disturbed the balls enough that they could make something happen.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's ridiculous n I've already gone down this road so I'm not trying to again but besides it being an actual rule and a part of the game, playing without it often causes the need to take high risk shots trying to possibly break stuff out more often just to get on with things and gives a weaker player a crutch. Not to mention taking the it almost completely takes moving out of the game n turns it into basically a runout drill. And the only reason I think someone would want to play without the rule is because they're not confident in their kicking and moving ability and they're afraid they will be 3 fouled. Meanwhile they don't get punished for lack of skill in a crucial area of the game n probably don't feel the need to practice and get better at the strategy aspect of 9 ball along with playing safes or getting out of them. In this instance it's clearly doing way more negatives to the pool world than good