1970’s Era Viking Cue - how much am I worth?

girlwon1

Silver Member
Posting for a friend - hoe much is his cue worth? He says possibly also from the 70 series made back then. Any idea how much it’s worth?

Thanks!

girlwon1

Attachments

• BBE42C28-E284-4494-B242-23897A580475.jpeg
    BBE42C28-E284-4494-B242-23897A580475.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 366

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
viking was never a big cue. they did make decent cues though . id say about 400. maybe a little more as its got more work to it.
that doesnt look like it was made in the 1970 area. maybe early 80's.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I would also say it is the early 1980’s.

Wico points maybe but hard to tell from a phone.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you look at the current Viking lineup you find a lot of CNC bling in the high hundreds so just by that and my traditional fish sense, I'd guess 1-2 K.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
viking was never a big cue. they did make decent cues though . id say about 400. maybe a little more as its got more work to it.
that doesnt look like it was made in the 1970 area. maybe early 80's.
I would tend to agree with this. They just don't seem to be valued as much as some other vintage production cues. If you're into the book of faces, I bet you could get a lot of info here> https://www.facebook.com/groups/517560348426397

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Posting for a friend - hoe much is his cue worth? He says possibly also from the 70 series made back then. Any idea how much it’s worth?

Thanks!

girlwon1
I have a few cues and a couple of older Vikings. Your friends cue is worth a few hundred (if straight and the finish is in good shape) in a good market.

If mine $650-950 range would be my opinion. Facebook Viking collectors may be your best option.

Good luck

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you look at the current Viking lineup you find a lot of CNC bling in the high hundreds so just by that and my traditional fish sense, I'd guess 1-2 K.
Yep! I think you are spot on. Vikings were good cues back in those days, might still be good. This one looks gorgeous to me, not too much bling bling.