1991 Buddy Hall vs Mike Lebron & Hall misses the 9 to lose Challenge of Champions?

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
I heard something about the great Buddy Hall miss what seems to be a routine shot on the 9 to win the Challenge of Champions back in Vegas in 91?

What were they playing for?

Is that really true? He's such an amazing player that I have a hard time believing that he/could would miss a game winning shot like that?

Just wondering what actually happened?

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

Come on maaaaaaaan!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I didn't know you guys just spent a week on this and I haven't been searching all over this site, because I never realized something that happened over 20 years ago was being recently discussed here, but now I know.

Really? And something that happened 20 years ago, and suddenly you remembered, hey, I better go on AZB to learn more about something that happened 20 years ago...

yeah,,, right. Don't be a nit.

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the OP: This is perhaps the most known historical event in professional pool and the history behind it is veryyyyy easily found. I would suggest in the future you do at least a modicum of research before starting threads. It will make your life better and you will probably get ostracized less.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahhhhh haha. This thread! I can't stop laughing at the seinfeld quality of comedy going on.
Im imagining an innocent pool player overhearing a conversation about buddy hall and LeBron, and then the old timers say to the young kid "yeah, just go on azbilliards, those guys will tell you all about it" snickering as the kid whips out the smart phone, and proceeds to get run out of the digital town on a rail. Classic comedic timing. Haha

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I didn't know you guys just spent a week on this and I haven't been searching all over this site, because I never realized something that happened over 20 years ago was being recently discussed here, but now I know.

Does that mean there's also an ongoing discussion right now about some of UJ Puckett's pool hall hustles that happened decades ago as well? That's another name I haven't been searching for on here, so maybe I'm missing out there too?!

All I'm doing is trying to explain to you why you are getting the reaction that you are...

The most recent post in that loooonggg thread was made at 8:02 last night. That means the thread may have moved to page 2 by the time you posted this morning, and it might not have.

You could be one to just log in and start a thread without at least looking at what was being talked about on the main page...

It simply is a strange coincidence that you would start yet another thread about an oft discussed subject, perhaps while the latest thread was still on the first page but most certainly only old enough to be on the second page.

It could happen. Still, skeptics might wonder aloud a little, so don't be terribly surprised by the reaction at your incredible timing.