2013 Desert Classic Tour 14.1 State Championship this weekend!

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arizona 14.1 State Championship being held this weekend in Tucson at Pockets, 1062 S Wilmot, 85711. Sign ups at 11 am Saturday and play begins at Noon, Saturday, September 21st, final 8 come back to finish up at Noon on Sunday.

Come on down and join in the fun, Pockets has a newly remodeled kitchen and menu, full service bar, best Billiards Pro Shop in the southwest and a great staff. Plenty of players have been barking for action on Friday night so you am have our pick of the litter in house Friday thru Sunday.

This tournament will be live streamed beginning Noon Saturday and Sunday, live action will probably be streamed Saturday night at www.desertclassictour.com

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Arizona 14.1 State Championship being held this weekend in Tucson at Pockets, 1062 S Wilmot, 85711. Sign ups at 11 am Saturday and play begins at Noon, Saturday, September 21st, final 8 come back to finish up at Noon on Sunday.

Come on down and join in the fun, Pockets has a newly remodeled kitchen and menu, full service bar, best Billiards Pro Shop in the southwest and a great staff. Plenty of players have been barking for action on Friday night so you am have our pick of the litter in house Friday thru Sunday.

This tournament will be live streamed beginning Noon Saturday and Sunday, live action will probably be streamed Saturday night at www.desertclassictour.com

cool! who are some of the players involved and what are their straight pool credentials?

I think I remember watching a 14.1 tournament from Arizona a few years back.

I will spread the word about live 14.1 streaming. Will the noon streaming be at the sam link or somewhere else?

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cool! who are some of the players involved and what are their straight pool credentials?

I think I remember watching a 14.1 tournament from Arizona a few years back.

I will spread the word about live 14.1 streaming. Will the noon streaming be at the sam link or somewhere else?

The streaming will be on the same site: www.desertclassictour.com then just cliq on Videos on the header. You can also visit the website there check out the Standings tab and see what players play on this tour. There are quite a few names there you may recognize, several with high runs close or over what you have posted on your avatar. This tour is in it's 5th season and still going pretty strong.

Join us!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
The streaming will be on the same site: www.desertclassictour.com then just cliq on Videos on the header. You can also visit the website there check out the Standings tab and see what players play on this tour. There are quite a few names there you may recognize, several with high runs close or over what you have posted on your avatar. This tour is in it's 5th season and still going pretty strong.

Join us!

Great. Looking at the list, I recall seeing Scott Frost on one of these streams a few years back playing straight pool and Bernie Pettipiece, too.

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bernie Pettipiece won another Arizona State Straight pool championship by going 65 and out to beat hotseat winner Mitch Ellerman 125-71. Congratulations Bernie. The level of play was much improved from the last few years. Many players had runs into the 50's and 60's. Mitch Ellerman, in an early match against Tour Director Dennis Orrender, ran 67 and out and was urged to continue, finished with 101. Thanks to Pocket's owners Lenny and son Curtis Johnson for hosting and putting up the added money. Thanks to the Tucson fans who came out in force to watch some great play. Thanks also to Matt who came all the way to Tucson from Victorville, California only to draw the champion in the first round.