2015 World Chinese 8 Ball Masters field looks amazing

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... the final match between 2 chinese players, Fan Yang vs. Yubo Zheng will be streamed by CCTV on 21:30pm localtime.

JayKidd -- Earlier, we had a report that the final match would be at 19:00 or 19:30 local time. Is the later time you are reporting -- 21:30 -- now official? (Trying not to sleep through it!)

JayKidd

Grammatically Challenged
Silver Member
JayKidd -- Earlier, we had a report that the final match would be at 19:00 or 19:30 local time. Is the later time you are reporting -- 21:30 -- now official? (Trying not to sleep through it!)

21:30 was wrong, the CCTV website list the program starts at 22:15 local time, there will be a brief introduction before, I would say the live coverage will begin around 22:20. Again, pool has very low priority for CCTV, so be prepared to miss a couple of matches when the live coverage begin. And another ATP program is listed to start at 23:00pm, so you may not be able to see the end of the match either.

The reason I said 21:30 was, according to Joy's website http://www.zs8q.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=127835&extra=page=1, the schedule page lists the final was set to begin at 21:40.

144422f2w4kqdbbkqm9kkh.png

In last 3 days, 19:00 or 19:30 localtime was when the last round usually begin, however there is only one match (the final) left, and the only place you can watch it is CCTV channel 5. So in order to let more people watch it, the final match time is set very late.

CORRECTION:

The match will start at 21:40 as advistised on Joy's website, it will be streamed through the usual 4 websites listed, although the number of camera probably wil be limited. CCTV5 live coverage will start at 22:15, and may stop at 23:00.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
CORRECTION:

The match will start at 21:40 as advistised on Joy's website, it will be streamed through the usual 4 websites listed, although the number of camera probably wil be limited. CCTV5 live coverage will start at 22:15, and may stop at 23:00.

OK -- 21:40 local time = 8:40 am USA east coast time. Gotta get some sleep! And Turning Stone starts later today.:eek:

By the way -- Potts beat Wang Peng 13-10 for 3rd and 4th. It seemed like Wang conceded after breaking dry in the last game. Both players played pretty well.

JayKidd

Grammatically Challenged
Silver Member
OK -- 21:40 local time = 8:40 am USA east coast time. Gotta get some sleep! And Turning Stone starts later today.:eek:

By the way -- Potts beat Wang Peng 13-10 for 3rd and 4th. It seemed like Wang conceded after breaking dry in the last game. Both players played pretty well.

That was not a concede, Peng had less than 3 balls passing the headstring , it was the 3rd time he has "illegally" broked in that match, according to Joy's C8B rules, that count as a loss of that rack from the 3rd time on. It is a very harsh punishment, since it force the players to break hard.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That was not a concede, Peng had less than 3 balls passing the headstring , it was the 3rd time he has "illegally" broked in that match, according to Joy's C8B rules, that count as a loss of that rack from the 3rd time on. It is a very harsh punishment, since it force the players to break hard.

Thanks for the clarification. I was aware of the illegal-break rule, but not of the loss of game penalty for the 3rd violation in a match. Pretty harsh!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yang Fan is off to a suberb start in the finals against Zheng Yubo. Yang has B&R's on all 5 of his breaks so far, and leads 7-2.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yang's alternating-break package continues. It's now 6 with the score at 8-3.

JayKidd

Grammatically Challenged
Silver Member
No, Yang had broken only 5 times in his first 7 wins.

The commentator says that is his 8th consecutive B&R, I missed the first 6 matches, I know the commentator personally, I guess he is right.

I see, he count runs after dry breaks as well. Yang can't possibly have 8 consecutive B&R at this point.

Last edited:

JayKidd

Grammatically Challenged
Silver Member
I feel history is in the making. The perfect level table and magic rack made it possible.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The commentator says that is his 8th consecutive B&R, I missed the first 6 matches, I know the commentator personally, I guess he is right.

I see, he count runs after dry breaks as well. Yang can't possibly have 8 consecutive B&R at this point.

Yes, Yang had 3 B&R's in his last 3 breaks of the Potts match. He now has 7 in a row in this match and 10 in a row in the 2 matches. Score 9-4.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now 3 B&R's in a row for Zheng, 6 in a row for both players, 7 in a row for Yang (in this match). Yikes.

9-5 Yang

JayKidd

Grammatically Challenged
Silver Member
Another Joy's C8B rule, after half time, the player behind has a one time option to speed up the match, that's shorten the shot clock to 30 seconds instead of the original 45 sec. Now Yubo Zheng has opted to use it.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yang broke wet, but scratched on his first shot after the break. His B&R streak is over at 7 in this match and 10 overall.

9-6 Yang.