2015 World Chinese 8 Ball Masters field looks amazing

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yang broke dry. But Zheng scratched making his first stripe. Yang ran out. 10-7.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pressure getting to both of them as they near finish line. This 20th rack must have the most errors
Zheng scratch on break, Mental error by Yang marry CB with 8 ball
Zheng miss a ball, Yang bad position
Yang 11-9

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 20. Zheng won to take it to 11-9.

But it was by far the longest and oddest game of the match. Zheng scratched on the break. Yang ran 5 solids and hooked himself. Zheng ran two and missed. Yang made one and hooked himself again. Zheng ran out.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Zheng broke dry, Yang ran out for the win 13-9.

Edit -- the ref is racking again??? Maybe for pictures?

Potts and Hendry are back. Some sort of doubles exhibition, I guess.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello there is a bonus exhibition some doiubles match between semifinalists Cool:thumbup:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Learning opportunity if the guys running this are the same who'll run the event on 1/23/15 and want to keep English speaking fans in the loop.
Show the names in both English and Chinese

Problem 1
Nobody understood the format or the rules. Race to 13 with a timed limit for the match. Tied matches are possible. Illegal break rule with a game penalty for a third infraction. All of this was very hard to figure out.

Problem 2
I have never seen an event in America where players who advanced past the round robin were not in contention to win. At no point was it clear to me that only the top eight were playing for the title in the second part of the event.

Problem 3
On the TV matches, unless I knew the players, I could never figure out who was playing, as the names were shown in Chinese only.

... if event producers want English-speaking fans tuned in, that is.

Nice event but nearly impossible to follow for English speaking fans of the game.