2016 China Open

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not in this match he didn't. He missed two easy balls in the latter racks and had to get very lucky not to leave Alex a shot.

Not referring to specific errors/misses- I meant his ability to hold nerve and force hill hill and keep coming back . His errors/ misses are not necessary due to nerves :D

the last rack of the 2015 w9b finals was about Shane's kick on the 2 which pretty much concluded the match.

yes that W9B final was different storyline. In that W9B final, Ko won on Shane's break and he won by 2 racks not hill hill. Here v Alex he had to keep coming back and then break hill hill. I would have preferred semifinals and finals to be won by 2 racks not just 1 rack :D

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin Cheng beats Chua 11-10, beats Biado 11-10, then Ignacio 11-10. he wants this title! :smile:

That's a star studded line-up he took down.

A lot of forum members hate his style of play(air stroking and constant getting up and down), but all the guy does is win. This tournament has a shot clock too.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would too. From what I've seen, Wu Chia-Ching is playing the best of anyone right now.

yes Wu would have to be the favorite right now
His opponents all got 5 or less racks except for Niels which was hill hill match

Thank u. I asked because some are referring to them as big Wu n little Wu Incinuating big n little brother

Don't need blood relations for Big and Little. Usage as in Senior and Junior :smile:

A lot of forum members hate his style of play(air stroking and constant getting up and down), but all the guy does is win. This tournament has a shot clock too.

Not a fan of his but must say he is slow and steady and is focused on winning. did well in recent W9B also. Has been playing higher level since one yeat ago when he first won the CBSA event beating Wu for first time just before winning US Open. He was top 10 in Taiwan before and now may be closer to top 5
The one who impresses is this Wu Kunlin who has improved a lot. First time in semis of major event
:smile:

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes Wu would have to be the favorite right now
His opponents all got 5 or less racks except for Niels which was hill hill match[...]

Yes, three matches into elimination stage with opponents getting 3, 4, and 5.

It seems like a year or two ago I had frequently to defend his number one position on FargoRate

--what has he won recently?
--you must be stressing old results
--can he possibly compete wit big Ko?
etc...

It seems now people are more aware and appreciative of his level of performance.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member

...or because he took Shane's US Open belt. im kidding im kidding! :D

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Men's 1st semifinal

1st semifinal Wu Kunlin v Kevin Cheng about to start in 5 mins
The live stream should be TV table
http://www.360kan.com/zhibo/?id=0
http://tv.huajiao.com/zhibo/play?id=29089324

Not able to watch as on mobile.
Would appreciate if someone can post commentary. Thanks :)

SCHEDULE OF MATCHES
MEN'S SEMIFINAL (28 Aug)

Lil Wu (Wu Kunlin) v Kevin Cheng (930am local time/930pm EDT)

Big Wu (Wu Jiaqing) v Big Ko (Ko Pin Yi) (1130am local time/1130pm EDT)

MEN'S FINAL (330pm local time /330am EDT)

WOMEN'S FINAL
Han Yu v Liu ShaSha (130pm local time/ 130am EDT)

Last edited:

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wu makes a nice break with the 3-9 lining up nicely. He sinks it in the corner. Nice break by Kevin, but my stream, it's froze!

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in time to see Kevin miss a tough-ish 4 ball cross corner, but it rolls safe and Kevin waves his hand.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, was I wrong. Not safe at all when the ball it's hooked by is the 9. Wu kicks at the wired combo and takes game 2. 2-0 now.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really hope the stream works perfectly for Wu-Ko later on. That's the match I'm really looking forward to.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
1st semifinal Wu Kunlin v Kevin Cheng about to start in 5 mins
The live stream should be TV table
http://www.360kan.com/zhibo/?id=0
http://tv.huajiao.com/zhibo/play?id=29089324

Not able to watch as on mobile.
Would appreciate if someone can post commentary. Thanks :)

SCHEDULE OF MATCHES
MEN'S SEMIFINAL (28 Aug)

Lil Wu (Wu Kunlin) v Kevin Cheng (930am local time/930pm EDT) About 10 hours from now

Big Wu (Wu Jiaqing) v Big Ko (Ko Pin Yi) (1130am local time/1130pm EDT)

MEN'S FINAL (330pm local time /330am EDT)

WOMEN'S FINAL
Han Yu v Liu ShaSha (130pm local time/ 130am EDT)

Are these links working? I only get a black screen

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin tries a jump-safe, but leaves Wu open on the 4 with a makeable shot and a layout that makes the rest of the rack a formality. 3-0.

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just realized the whole final 4 is Taiwanese. Wu Jiaqing has moved to the mainland, but hails from Taiwan. And the other three are Taiwanese too, if I'm not mistaken? I don't know this Wu so well...

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin misses rail first on the 2 in rack 5, sells out. Not an easy shot from the 2 to the 3, but the way Wu is playing I like him to get out from here.

Edit: commentator's jinx--he's hooked himself!

And Kevin makes a nice runout to get on the board. 4-1, Wu leading.

Last edited:

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin with the casual B&R to bring it to 4-2.

In the next rack, Kevin gets to the table (I missed how) and pulls off a successful jump safe. Nice shot.

Wu kicks, but leaves the full ball. It's a tough shot into the opposite corner. Kevin hits it as clean as humanly possible. He's applying the pressure now, that's for sure.

4-3, Kevin breaking.

Last edited: