2016 China Open

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin with the casual B&R to bring it to 4-2.

In the next rack, Kevin gets to the table (I missed how) and pulls off a successful jump safe. Nice shot.

Wu kicks, but leaves the full ball. It's a tough shot into the opposite corner. Kevin hits it as clean as humanly possible. He's applying the pressure now, that's for sure.

4-3, Kevin breaking.

Thanks for great updates , Burbagio
So Kevin wins back twice on Wu's break so they are even though Wu won the lag :grin:

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In rack 8, Kevin prevails in a safety battle, but misses a straight in 2 (he was jacked up pretty badly).

Wu completes a routine out to get some cushion back, 5-3 now.

And no problem Spartan! I might be too invested in watching the next match to want to keep changing tabs, but it's been fun for this one. Such amazing pool, a shame for anyone to miss it.

Last edited:

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's Wu now with the casual B&R. He doesn't seem to be feeling the pressure of the comeback by the world's #1, as he has put himself ahead 3 games again.

An illegal break for Kevin, but Wu fails on a safety attempt from a close distance. He's not happy.

Kevin gets out confidently, pulling it to 6-4. Wu missed a real opportunity there.

On a side note, 9 ball is so much easier when you break like these guys and there's never two balls touching. I don't know if I've even seen a breakout in this match, ha!

Last edited:

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had computer issues temporarily, but came back to find Kevin about to get out at 6-5 down.

And Kevin ties it up at 6 apiece!

Wu, cool as a cuke, breaks and runs to make it 7-6.

Last edited:

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin has to play safe off his break in rack 14, and does so, but also leaves the one over a pocket. Wu misses it entirely however, giving up BIH.

Missed it, but Kevin left himself tough on the 8 and missed it, leaving an easy out for Wu who goes up 8-6.

In the next rack, Wu hits a nice break, but gets entirely hooked on the 3 by the 9 ball. He tries a jump, hits the 9. BIH to Kevin again.

Kevin gets out, even yanking it to the rail on the 8 to get perfect on the 9. Confident shot. He's down 8-7.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow , Kevin is a real fighter , keeps breaking back after having his serve broken so many times
Looking like hill hill match :smile:

bicki

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
most tables load but the screen stays black. at least for me. anyone else? otherwise please provide a working link...

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a textbook break, Wu connects the dots to collect his 9th game. Up 9-8 now.

Ditto for Kevin. Tied at 9.

Wu takes a timeout.

Last edited:

CptBurbagio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stream froze for a minute, but came back to see Kevin making a nice tough cut on the one, getting perfect on the 2.

Kevin gets out beautifully to take his first lead of the match, and what an important time to do it! He's on the hill and breaking.

OMG, a scratch on the break! Wu has a chance now to get to the hill too!

Last edited: