2016 Semifinal and Final at Youtube with English commentary!

Damn, second two years Ina row... What a bummer!

SVB will get his world championship.
He HAS to before he retires.

Let's face it, the competition is much more widespread these days.
In the 70s, 80s, and 90s, the level of play need not require the level as it does now.

That's not taking away anything from The Pearl (although I'd like to).

Earl will always be the better shot maker than SVB.
Tactically and in every other aspect of the game, SVB gets the nod.

Anyone else agree with my post (or in part)?
 
SVB will get his world championship.
He HAS to before he retires.

Let's face it, the competition is much more widespread these days.
In the 70s, 80s, and 90s, the level of play need not require the level as it does now.

That's not taking away anything from The Pearl (although I'd like to).

Earl will always be the better shot maker than SVB.
Tactically and in every other aspect of the game, SVB gets the nod.

Anyone else agree with my post (or in part)?

I think Earl would have a tougher time with the alternate break format, but his top gear is still the best I've ever seen.

Personally, I don't like the alternate break format.

I hope Shane gets a World 9-Ball title, but it's far from guaranteed.
 
Your commentary was clear and on point. Your English is fine, thanks for posting this.
 
I think Earl would have a tougher time with the alternate break format, but his top gear is still the best I've ever seen.

Personally, I don't like the alternate break format.

I hope Shane gets a World 9-Ball title, but it's far from guaranteed.
I must agree, alternate break sucks. While I think it would be better for SVB, Albin broke and ran quite a few rack that last set, however, the pool gods definitely favored him today, wow!
 
I think Earl would have a tougher time with the alternate break format, but his top gear is still the best I've ever seen.

Personally, I don't like the alternate break format.

I hope Shane gets a World 9-Ball title, but it's far from guaranteed.

I too hope SVB gets a World title (any world title for that matter).

The alternate format is probably the fairest way to allocate the break.
Think of tennis as an example:
Can you imagine letting the winner of a game in tennis continue to serve?
That's preposterous.

Considering current pool playing conditions,
e.g. better breaking techniques, more balls going down due to faster cloth,
-- the break has become more of an advantage -- relative to previous eras.

We can't just let players continue to run racks.
There has to be an equalizer that takes playing conditions into consideration.
It takes a bit of luck out of the equation because a player must think through each rack carefully.
It forces each game to stand more on its own and not connected in a "string of racks."

I like the alternate break format.
It brings pool more in line (although not completely) with other sports and how they garner a game's beginning.
Pool made a good move here in alternate break format. It will pay off in the long run.
 
Last edited:
I must agree, alternate break sucks. While I think it would be better for SVB, Albin broke and ran quite a few rack that last set, however, the pool gods definitely favored him today, wow!

Albin won the worlds? Damn!

Over svb? Double damn.

I have seen a fer of albin's matches and I say he has a choke stroke. Svb should sleep with no pillow and no blanket for a week, then walk around backwards for a month, as punishment.

I spit on the floor for this news.
 
Your commentary was clear and on point. Your English is fine, thanks for posting this.

Thanks! :)
It is quite hard to talk foreign language when thinking strategy and shot selection etc.. sometimes I just forgot what I was gonna say. lol.
 
SVB will get his world championship.
He HAS to before he retires.

Let's face it, the competition is much more widespread these days.
In the 70s, 80s, and 90s, the level of play need not require the level as it does now.

That's not taking away anything from The Pearl (although I'd like to).

Earl will always be the better shot maker than SVB.
Tactically and in every other aspect of the game, SVB gets the nod.

Anyone else agree with my post (or in part)?
very few players ever, if any, have been better shot makers than earl. Shane is better at position play, but earl was no slouch in that department and can play some great safeties. Earl is the better player talent wise, but his psychological game is weak, especially as he has aged
 
Back
Top