2016 World Snooker Championship April 16 - May 2

zed9

Registered
The numbers game

World Snooker estimates a worldwide audience of 300 million, in around 90 countries.

There will be 1,500 hours of broadcast time, including live coverage on BBC TV and online.

The winner's prize is £330,000, an increase of £30,000 from last year.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for update, Scaramouche
I am rooting for Ronnie, Neil Robertson and Ding. Will definitely try to watch some since have not watched snooker for ages.
Shocking that even Ding had to play qualifiers. Ding has underperformed in WC but if he wins whole thing this year, he will be first qualifier to win since a decade ago.
And the qualifiers boasted many old and familiar names:
Jimmy White
James Wattana
Nigel Bond
Peter Ebdon
Graeme Dott
Alan McManus
Ken Doherty
Ali Carter
Tony Drago
Chris Meiling
:D

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
??!
I've been not following snooker for a while, but wtf happened? Ding had to go through qualify rounds?

In 2014 season he won five ranking tournaments.
Last person to do that was Stephen Hendry.

This season Ding took a long vacation back in China, won zilch, rank dropped to 17.
Had to win three best of 19 matches in the qualifiers to get into the main event.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow Defending champ Bingham is out in 1st round lost to Ali Carter hill hill
Ebdon, Maguire, Murphy are out also

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 days left.

For those that have trouble getting a stream, you may want to check out worldsnooker.com

For a mere $6/month you can watch all the major snooker tournaments in HD. No Ads. No potential for viruses. No buffering.

I got my subscription at the beginning of this tournament with the plan of cancelling once it was over, but after seeing how great the quality is, I may actually keep it going to watch future events.