2020 event cancelled.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 2020 SBE has been cancelled. Hope to see everyone in April.

FXBilliards

It would be a long shot for the Expo to take place this year either (2021). PA is not welcoming that many out-of-staters, in that that type of closed environment, any time soon. I hope I am wrong.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be a long shot for the Expo to take place this year either (2021). PA is not welcoming that many out-of-staters, in that that type of closed environment, any time soon. I hope I am wrong.
I agree.
Just asked for a refund for 2020.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree.
Just asked for a refund for 2020.
They promised an announcement on February 15th. I think that may be the official deciding day. They seemed optimistic it would still be happening, but warned about some requirements some may not like.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They promised an announcement on February 15th. I think that may be the official deciding day. They seemed optimistic it would still be happening, but warned about some requirements some may not like.
Have you seen pool streams on social media?
Very few pool players are wearing their masks correctly.
Some are not wearing them at all.
No social distancing.

Get a couple of thousand pool players together in a building like the Expo center
and it will be a super spreader event if things do not change very drastically with this virus.
Many players will be traveling from other states and other countries.
A sure way to spread the virus.
Can you even imagine social distancing at the venue?
I can't.
I can wait another year.

By the way.
I just received my refund.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have cabin fever, BAD. Awaiting the announcement this Monday. I'll have the second shot soon, willing to wear the mask and plan on bringing my own food & drink in the car.

But I'm not playing anyway, only shopping for a new shaft. In and out the first day, then long gone by the time the crowd hits.

The big matches on the weekend, no way.