I get what you are saying but don’t think the tennis comparison stacks up. In tennis you can affect the outcome of every game. That is not the case in pool where you can lose without getting out of your chair
I get what you are saying but don’t think the tennis comparison stacks up. In tennis you can affect the outcome of every game. That is not the case in pool where you can lose without getting out of your chair
I don't think it's possible. My understanding is that if Payer A gets the first break in Set 1, then Player B gets the first break in Set 2.
I think Monti's point here is that at pool, there are racks in which only one player shoots. Pool is different than other sports in this way. There is no guarantee that one will have enough good looks at the table to win. Nonetheless, each player gets as many turns as the other and, in the end, it's what you do with those turns that determines whether you win.
In fact, 10ball race to four sets in which only one player shoots are very few and far between, and an entire tournament can go without it happening even once. As for running two sets, I know of two eight packs in the history of tournament 10ball, one by Big Kaci and one by Dechaine. Everyone is getting to shoot these days in both 9ball and 10ball.