2nd night of league

8up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the first night was great I was shooting at my best. I won both 8 ball and 9 ball match. They raised my 9 ball to a SL5 for last night.

Last night I shot my worst mental and overall. 8 ball I had to win 3 to his 2 and only managed 1 even though I had my chances. 9 ball was worse I won the break and it was dry. The guy was ran 5 balls I made the 7 and blew the 8 and he finished the rack. I then asked what the handicap was because this guy was moving the ball perfect around the table. I was informed I was giving him 12 balls:eek: he took 7 balls in the next rack and again made the cue ball travel where ever he wanted and would then miss an easy one and act surprised. I continued to watch this guy either make a great shot or miss when he wanted 2 and twice he even gave me ball in hand and I missed.

I was embarrassed at my shooting and let one bad shot and thought lead to the next bad thought and shot. I was also upset to know I was playing the number one team who could put balls in at will and work the cue ball and yet I was giving them balls.

I went over to an empty table and tried to practice and sucked there too so I packed up and went home.

I will be back next week and hopefully remember to just shoot and not second guess everything, to not try changing how I aim after I miss a couple, Remember my practice strokes. and to think about only the shot at hand. Oh yeah remember to have fun too.
 
Just remember to have fun in the league and don't worry about what the others are doing (If Sandbagging). Just worry about what you are doing. I too lost my first match ever in our 8-Ball league. I was a perfect 100% until last night. I was spotting the guy 1 game, fell behind 3-0, came back to go up 4-3, but lost the hill match because of a stupid aggressive mistake. I wasn't playing well at all, so I started to play more defense which got me the lead, but the last shot I played a really aggressive shot, missed, then he cross banked the 8-Ball for the win. Oh, well. Still having fun. The way I see it I'm still doing something I love rather than doing nothing at all.:D

Don't sweat it. Just come back next league night and kick butt.
 
Just remember to have fun in the league and don't worry about what the others are doing (If Sandbagging). Just worry about what you are doing. I too lost my first match ever in our 8-Ball league. I was a perfect 100% until last night. I was spotting the guy 1 game, fell behind 3-0, came back to go up 4-3, but lost the hill match because of a stupid aggressive mistake. I wasn't playing well at all, so I started to play more defense which got me the lead, but the last shot I played a really aggressive shot, missed, then he cross banked the 8-Ball for the win. Oh, well. Still having fun. The way I see it I'm still doing something I love rather than doing nothing at all.:D

Don't sweat it. Just come back next league night and kick butt.

I totally agree with this guy. I just started league myself and anymore I don't even want to know how many games/balls the other guy needs. All you can control is what you do. Worrying about anything else(sandbagging,lucky rolls) will only add undo frustration and as you've seen will throw you out of stroke. You'll get em next week. Best of luck!
 
Well the first night was great I was shooting at my best. I won both 8 ball and 9 ball match. They raised my 9 ball to a SL5 for last night.

Last night I shot my worst mental and overall. 8 ball I had to win 3 to his 2 and only managed 1 even though I had my chances. 9 ball was worse I won the break and it was dry. The guy was ran 5 balls I made the 7 and blew the 8 and he finished the rack. I then asked what the handicap was because this guy was moving the ball perfect around the table. I was informed I was giving him 12 balls:eek: he took 7 balls in the next rack and again made the cue ball travel where ever he wanted and would then miss an easy one and act surprised. I continued to watch this guy either make a great shot or miss when he wanted 2 and twice he even gave me ball in hand and I missed.

I was embarrassed at my shooting and let one bad shot and thought lead to the next bad thought and shot. I was also upset to know I was playing the number one team who could put balls in at will and work the cue ball and yet I was giving them balls.

I went over to an empty table and tried to practice and sucked there too so I packed up and went home.

I will be back next week and hopefully remember to just shoot and not second guess everything, to not try changing how I aim after I miss a couple, Remember my practice strokes. and to think about only the shot at hand. Oh yeah remember to have fun too.

Ive seen this numerous times...

The best advice I ever heard was from a shortstop in my hometown. He advised that they take a couple weeks off from playing and then quit entirely....

JK :p

Ken
 
Back
Top