3 Ball

Zerksies

Does anyone have the rules to a game called 3 ball?

The Billiard Hall across town had 3 Billiard tables and one Gandy Pool table about a year ago. It looks like they changed things around and it looks like they have more pool tables now and are open more hours.

I know the Asians play a game called 3 ball and it looks like fun i just don't know how to play it

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Ring game, low stroke count wins
Ties, all bets push.
Pay in each round.
Low stroke count wins pot.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Normal carom is played with three balls. In general your cue ball has to hit the other two balls. Sometimes there are restrictions.

• Haha
Reactions: bbb

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have the rules to a game called 3 ball?

The Billiard Hall across town had 3 Billiard tables and one Gandy Pool table about a year ago. It looks like they changed things around and it looks like they have more pool tables now and are open more hours.

I know the Asians play a game called 3 ball and it looks like fun i just don't know how to play it
Zerksies, Howdy;

Been on the same trail, lookin' for info. Here's a link that was sent to me yesterday;

and hopefully this pdf also transfers to you;

Hope that helps The 3 ball I think is the same as Straight Rail which is called a 'Small game,
as is Balk line Billiards. This link has a pair of players doing Straight Rail;

Good luck EDIT to ADD the first link is a translation from French by a non English speaker.
It IS well done but to us may read as disjointed.

hank

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb
We have mostly carom 3 ball tables Here in Denver. The goal is to have your own ball hit the other 2 balls, doesn't matter which one first. There are other variations but that's the basic of it. We just had an open tournament on Sunday, you can check out some of the plays here: