3 cheap break cues...50 shipped each

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
posted in the ask the cue maker section....

JayBates said:
quick follow up...
i got back early. i have a few new excaliber sneakys to mess with. i put a one piece brown canvas phenolic on one....an IV4 ferrule with a G-10 tip on one....and the last one, i cut off the tip, glued a red fiber pad on the factory ferrule, then drilled a 3/16 hole a quarter inch deep thru the pad into the ferrule, installed a tip of IV4 with a non threaded tenon snug fitting into the hole and pressed it on with the tailstock using CA gel. it looks great, a white (guessing pvc) ferrule with a white tip and a red ring separating them, i havnt seen anything like it around here.

all 3 are the same cue specifications,
3-the canvas phenolic broke pretty well, as most phenolics do.SOLD
2-the IV4 ferrule + G-10 tip came in second id say. pretty powerful but i could not control it well (i think i was trying to hammer the rack too much)
1-and the IV4 tip on the factory ferrule broke the best. it was easy to control and it felt as if the ball left the cue more crisp so to say than the othersSOLD

not sure if a one piece IV4 ferrule and tip would do any better. im sold on this stuff. g-10 isnt too shabby either, but im not too fond of damaging cue balls. just my 2 cents for the day, let me know what you guys think if you experiment with it.
thanks again,
Jay

BTW....all 3 of these are brand new cues, great for dedicated breakers. they are going back into the plastic sleeves they came in....if you want one, $50 shipped, pm me
BTW#2, the G-10 tip was put on the same way, with a tenon into the ferrule, should never come off

Last edited:

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
i do apologize, they are eliminator sneaky petes, not excalibur....sorry...replying to pm...

and i will guarantee my work. if any of these materials break, pay the shiping to me, i will fix it and cover shipping back.

Last edited:

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
3 and 1 are sold...
i have #2 left and made another with a one piece G-10 ferrule/tip combo....
thanks,
Jay