3 cushion tables in San Diego area

3strokeace

I'm new to this forum & new to Sou Ca. Where is 3 cushion played in San Diego area?

Also I have a Harvey Martin cue made in 60's . Weight 21. 4 shafts. I need to find an experienced shop that can tune up my cue and/or make New shafts that need to fit onto the 3/16 screw direct into wood. Is Martin Cue still in business in LA area?

Info much appreciated...
Jim B

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Welcome

Check out 3cushionbilliards.com

There you will find a where to play directory
Search your area and you should find clubs with Carom tables

Also for a shaft Ron kilby makes a great Carom shaft and cue

But he can make Carom shafts to go on pool cues as well

caromcues.com

Nccm

Registered
College Billiards
5303 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115

owed by Pedro Pedrobuena. Ask the house man about the cue repair and he will direct you in the right direction. Great Billiard and Pool players frequent this room from time to time.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm new to this forum & new to Sou Ca. Where is 3 cushion played in San Diego area?

Also I have a Harvey Martin cue made in 60's . Weight 21. 4 shafts. I need to find an experienced shop that can tune up my cue and/or make New shafts that need to fit onto the 3/16 screw direct into wood. Is Martin Cue still in business in LA area?

Info much appreciated...
Jim B
I think Pedro Piedrabuena's room, College Billiards, is the main place. Maybe the only place.

The suggestion of Ron Kilby for the cue work is a good one.

Harvey Martin left no follow-on cue business so far as I know. You might post a question in the "Ask the Cuemaker" forum. In a brief search there, it seems that the cuemaker Tad Kohara got a lot of Harvey's stock after he died. I don't know if Tad still makes cues. I vaguely recall hearing that his son was doing cues now. Here is some old info about him:

http://bluebookofpoolcuevalues.com/pool_cue_values/Pool_Cue_Manufacturer.aspx?id=TADS_CUSTOM_CUE

After a brief search on Google, I found this for Tad Custom Cues: Address: 8101 Electric Ave, Stanton, CA 90680
Phone: (714) 995-1644

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Pedro Piedrabuena's room, College Billiards, is the main place. Maybe the only place.

The suggestion of Ron Kilby for the cue work is a good one.

Harvey Martin left no follow-on cue business so far as I know. You might post a question in the "Ask the Cuemaker" forum. In a brief search there, it seems that the cuemaker Tad Kohara got a lot of Harvey's stock after he died. I don't know if Tad still makes cues. I vaguely recall hearing that his son was doing cues now. Here is some old info about him:

http://bluebookofpoolcuevalues.com/pool_cue_values/Pool_Cue_Manufacturer.aspx?id=TADS_CUSTOM_CUE

After a brief search on Google, I found this for Tad Custom Cues: Address: 8101 Electric Ave, Stanton, CA 90680
Phone: (714) 995-1644

This might help

cuemakers tree.gif