30 Palmer Cues at Auction on July 9, 2021

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If any collectors are interested, I have access to the holy grail of Palmer Custom Cues...the very FIRST 3 cues Gene Balner ever made. They were purchased from and verified by Gene's widow and son.

Scott Lee

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, bid with the buyer's premium in mind and the shipping/insurance is on the BUYER and through a UPS store- so their shipping charges are going to be very high as well- you will be paying premium rates with absolute necessity to buy insurance or you risk everything-

This is a great opportunity to buy the Palmer you always wanted - I may jump in on this with two in mind - would sell my own Palmer Model 12 limited from the third catalog if I decide to bid and am successful. I personally feel that owning a Palmer from one of the first 3 catalogs just gives you a connection to that "Golden Age" of billiards after the Hustler movie - I love having my Palmer Deluxe Case ( mint) - as it just completes the set so well and the connection to the era.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
25% buyers premium seems pretty high.
Normal now days. It’s criminal if you ask me. Sellers premiums are just as brutal. The auction houses are robbing everyone.

the cost of running, curating and producing a auction is very high. But the premiums are out of control across the board at all auction houses these days for anything. Coins, furniture, antiques, collectibles & cars to name a few.

Best
Fatboy

fromthebeginnin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It might be interesting to see the final values, there may be a class of buyer who is uncomfortable buying from EBay/traditional channels. John Wright once told me he believed “the day would come when truly great cues from the masters will be viewed as a pieces of art” and sold at auction for real numbers.

Hey Fatboy hope your doing well, Rich