314 vs 314-2 whats the deal?

I shot with a 314-2 shaft and it had the most unusual feel I have ever felt. Wouldn't buy one. I still have to try a 314 and 314z
 
the 314-2 has a more solid hit and just feels better IMO I had switched back to my 314 while the tip was being replaced on my 314-2. The tips I wanted were out of stock so it took a few days, glad to have the 314-2 back........ I play with a P2........
 
I was playing with a 314 last night and didnt want to give it back. I found a 314-2 on here and should have it this weekend.

I just know there is a difference and I figured everyone on here has most likely tried one or the other.
 
Switched back to my 314 after getting a 314-2, but mostly because my 314 has a smaller tip. For some reason I can't remember if it's because I had it turned down or whether the 2 comes with a bigger tip. Some memory I have...
 
The main difference is that the 2's are made in China, have a slightly fatter taper, use a phenolic core in the joint end, and did away with the soft melting ferrule used orignally. I like the hit & playability of the 2 better myself. ;)
 
D_Lewis said:
What is the difference?
What do you prefer?
Spill the beans.

thanks!
-dan

I have both, and for the past couple of months have been using the 314 vs the 314-2. Not sure if, in part, I'm liking the 314 better because of the tip. I'm going to try out a Kamui Medium on my 314-2 to see if that sways be back to the 2nd generation shaft.
 
314-2

I really like the action I get with my 314-2 with out using a lot of power, I had a 314 for the same cue and did not like the shaft at all. I could not get as much action or if I did I had to use a lot more power with the 314

I use a sniper on the 314-2 and am very happy
 
I have both and I am very happy with them as I do not need to adjust when switching. It may be hard to find a 314 these days.
 
Back
Top