3D printed score markers

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I whipped these up today to see if they work better than a quarter wrapped in white paper (for visibility on the camera). I tried a few different shapes, with all of them coming out the same amount from under the rail. The ball did not hit any of them, even throwing it hard at the markers. I think they will work nicely.

I can print another color to represent my score, and the white will be the ghost. Maybe even add text. Maybe even have one side show 10, and one side show zero, so when it goes around the table you know what lap you are on.

IMG_3736.jpeg
IMG_3737.jpeg

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cool. i bought a prusa i3 to the job many months ago for a project, it's been collecting dust still in its box. might as well print some fun pool related things with it. chalk holders, mechanical bridges etc.

but i wonder, are you not bothered by the white objects when aiming in that direction? when i play in the hall i prefer bronze coins over silver ones for this reason

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gosh, what happened to using the two pennies under rails?
The better 9’ tables in pool halls typically have them already.

Personally, I’d rather use the pennies or even dimes. It reminds
me of the way pool used to be played when it was still flourishing.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gosh, what happened to using the two pennies under rails?
The better 9’ tables in pool halls typically have them already.

Personally, I’d rather use the pennies or even dimes. It reminds
me of the way pool used to be played when it was still flourishing.
I can barely see either in person. And when I record myself playing the ghost (or watching a gambling livestream), those disappear completely.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Visibility is indeed an issue. Even colored markers would make a difference. I'm surprised gaming Mfgrs haven't tried to market anything in that direction.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The table markers been playing a big part of the games lately,
using that old cushion counter type of set-up, I can keep the point score, innings and skins.

Put that little stub on them making it easy to bump around with the cue, and, well... avoiding, as everyone knows coins get pinched under the cushion.

Would seem iusetoberich, you would want to put some kind of stop, bump up, wedge or something to keep the marker from getting caught.

hope you don't mind, just look like a good place, thread, about table markers.

The score, 53 points
M1.jpg

This one mark's the score is over 40, when I can score more than 80, I'd be eager to figure out how best to show that... ;)
m2.jpg

innings, this would be in the eighth of the nine available
m3.jpg

skins marker shows 4, skin being a designated ball at the beginning of a run potted last.
m4.jpg

wood craft washers, 3/8" dowel

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me apologize at the outset for my blunt opinion but the table looks like crap with the rail scoring.
A table should be clean, free of any marks, drawings or illustrations. Now snooker tables are admittedly
different but regardless of table’s size, the rail scoring system illustrated in the photos really looks awful.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
oooh'?
blasphemous?
maybe some would say very sinful things are played here... :)

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
www e l l...
I'm thinking, maybe like second guessing shot selection can only mean one thing,
more practice at score mark-ups.

......generally, first thought, once realizing you're toast, screwed-up, innings over, go to the mark-up and forget about it.
Because, you know you did the mark-up on a good run.

Understand the importance of table scoring;
What if the door bell rings, its the postman requiring a signature on a plain wrapped package.
There could be a distraction from something on the television.
power failure.
get a ding on the telephone.
significant-other demands assistance.

It's a mad mad world, multi-tasking must be considered seriously,

table scoring rules the world!!!

..but then, maybe not.

if taken seriously, PM me for help - not affiliated with any government office or it's assignees.

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
cool. i bought a prusa i3 to the job many months ago for a project, it's been collecting dust still in its box. might as well print some fun pool related things with it. chalk holders, mechanical bridges etc.

but i wonder, are you not bothered by the white objects when aiming in that direction? when i play in the hall i prefer bronze coins over silver ones for this reason
I started printing things like chalk holders and quarter holders and then some things for my kids and my printer basically runs 24/7 now. It is alot of fun to tinker.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Just keep score in your head like a real man.

Well the day will come when your old, and have short memory.

Friend who is over 90 plus has cheater coin, one side plane silver, other side has black bar through center.

It set on Cue Claw as reminder of solid or stripes.

1655867282090.png

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me apologize at the outset for my blunt opinion but the table looks like crap with the rail scoring.
A table should be clean, free of any marks, drawings or illustrations. Now snooker tables are admittedly
different but regardless of table’s size, the rail scoring system illustrated in the photos really looks awful.
Yeah, gotta agree…